Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently needed to replace my radiator after I hit a curb and cracked it. I did the swap and the car is up and running well again but my airbag warning light has been on since I did the swap. Is there anything I would've forgotten to plug in that could be causing that? I thought I plugged everything in but maybe not...someone mentioned the front impact sensor but I don't even know where that is under the hood to be honest.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
When you turn the car on does the light have a blink pattern? Ford's I have dealt with in the past would blink a code before becoming a solid light. You can use the code to find the issue the car is reporting.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Hey guys, I recently needed to replace my radiator after I hit a curb and cracked it. I did the swap and the car is up and running well again but my airbag warning light has been on since I did the swap. Is there anything I would've forgotten to plug in that could be causing that? I thought I plugged everything in but maybe not...someone mentioned the front impact sensor but I don't even know where that is under the hood to be honest.

Any ideas?
It could have jostled it loose easily, or it could have been unplugged somehow perhaps, but I have 0 idea where the heck it could be. Who did the repairs? You or Ford? If Ford did it them call them and see if they can look at it as a "we messed up" situation for free. If you did the repairs then you might have to outsource for that information unless a user here knows where it is.

Edit: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/20128-airbag-warning-light.html

Read this! Might help!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the repair myself.

Also, when I start the car, it's only, turns off for a second, and then comes back on and stays on. Unfortunately it's a 2013 and well over the warranty period so I doubt going to a dealer will be a cheap option. I'll read through the thread you plugged and I'll see if there's a solution in there. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
if by the "exact same thing happened to you" you mean that you took some of the front of the car apart and only after that did you have the SRS light come on, then I would bet you a hefty amount that you eight unplugged one of the front crash sensors and didn't plug it back in, or that you damaged the harness removing or reinstalling what ever you took off.

things you can easily do. call you nearest auto-zone (or what ever your local car parts place is) that does free DTC code scanning, ask them if their scanner does SRS codes and if so have them read it and write down the code (DON'T just remember what it says, the description may be wrong but the code will be correct)

if theirs doesn't read SRS codes, then time to reach out to the people. car people then to know other car people. lots of people have code readers, ask some of your friends if they have one or know somebody that has one that would give you a free scan if you buy them lunch... always by them lunch.

look around everything you took apart and look for an loose harness or one that is not plugged in, SRS harnesses tend to be bright yellow (at least the connector)

·
Registered
226 Posts
if by the "exact same thing happened to you" you mean that you took some of the front of the car apart and only after that did you have the SRS light come on, then I would bet you a hefty amount that you eight unplugged one of the front crash sensors and didn't plug it back in, or that you damaged the harness removing or reinstalling what ever you took off.

things you can easily do. call you nearest auto-zone (or what ever your local car parts place is) that does free DTC code scanning, ask them if their scanner does SRS codes and if so have them read it and write down the code (DON'T just remember what it says, the description may be wrong but the code will be correct)

if theirs doesn't read SRS codes, then time to reach out to the people. car people then to know other car people. lots of people have code readers, ask some of your friends if they have one or know somebody that has one that would give you a free scan if you buy them lunch... always by them lunch.

look around everything you took apart and look for an loose harness or one that is not plugged in, SRS harnesses tend to be bright yellow (at least the connector)
Yes I took the front apart. Thanks for this post, it's very helpful, I didn't think to check the crash sensor plugs. I will also try to find a way to read the body codes, the DTC codes were clean. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
226 Posts
1LoudST was right on the money with this. Ended up forgetting to plug the left front crash sensor back in, it's under the front air intake and is easy to miss. Plugged it back in and cleared the SRS codes, everything is working fine now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just want to share my experience on this air bag warning light. I got the same symptoms. if u turned the engine on, the airbag warning stays on, sometimes it won't show up but while you driving it comes up again. I don't have the intention to fix the warning light yet. but I decided to change my cabin air filter first, but when I replaced the old filter with new one the air bag warning don't show up anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts