Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick question... I have a 2016 FoST will air intake kits for the RS fit my ST?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
:whs:

What's your goal, OP? If all you're looking for is more intake noise, you can pop the RS airbox in and throw a Green filter in there and you'll be golden.

Despite what some may say, the stock intake - weird, flattened tube and bulbous intake box included - isn't a choke point unless you start making some big changes to the engine.

If you're looking to purchase a full intake kit, I'd just save your money. You'll get negligible (if any) power gains from it, and you can get all the noise for <$75 via the RS box and/or a aftermarket filter.

Reactions: oVrKiLL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The biggest reason.. I’ve found a new intake that I like but it’s made for RS not ST. I already have the RS air box lid just to make due until I got around to doing a complete new set up. Right now I’ve just been shopping around.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the RS full intake on my ST. super easy no mods needed, just a coupler I got from Autozone. a 3'' to 2.5''. Looks better that that flat tube. Don't know if it performs better. By just looking at it it seems bigger and it does not bend much, but I'm not an engineer so don't hold me to it. I got the full intake for 40 bucks from an RS Forum. Ill post a photo later.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I have the RS full intake on my ST. super easy no mods needed, just a coupler I got from Autozone. a 3'' to 2.5''. Looks better that that flat tube. Don't know if it performs better. By just looking at it it seems bigger and it does not bend much, but I'm not an engineer so don't hold me to it. I got the full intake for 40 bucks from an RS Forum. Ill post a photo later.
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
SOLD!!!! I'm buying one!!!!

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
By chance does anyone have the Ford OEM part numbers for the RS intake tube and engine cover shown in the pics above?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
so i found the page with individual part #'s but i have no idea what is what because the pics are so small, its prolly one of the 1st two choices:

Part Name: Engine Air Box Tube Brand: Ford PartsPart Number: 9C623A Price: $90.10

Part Name: Engine Air Box Tube Brand: Ford Parts Part Number: 9C623B Price: $66.15

Part Name: Engine Air Box Tube Brand: Ford Parts Part Number: 9C675B Price: $16.56

Part Name: Engine Air Box Tube Brand: Ford Parts Part Number: 9C675A Price: $11.87

Part Name: Engine Air Box Tube Brand: Ford Parts Part Number: 9C675 Price: $8.54

Buy 2017 Ford Focus Parts | FordParts.com

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
at that price you might as well get a Depo or JBR intake for around $200.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Part numbers for the RS intake are
G1FZ-9C623-A
G1FZ-9C623-B

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
G1FZ-9C623-A
G1FZ-9C623-B
thanks.. do we need both to fit a ST or just the one main tube? Can you post a pic showing what part of the intake tube piping are considered -A & -B?

·
Registered
216 Posts
G1FZ-9C623-A
G1FZ-9C623-B
thanks.. do we need both to fit a ST or just the one main tube? Can you post a pic showing what part of the intake tube piping are considered -A & -B?
There are no pictures to show but I assume "A" is the tube that says RS and "B" is the tube to the turbo as it is a 2 piece design. The total cost for it is about $140 more or less depending on where you order from.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
G1FZ-9C623-A
G1FZ-9C623-B
There are no pictures to show but I assume "A" is the tube that says RS and "B" is the tube to the turbo as it is a 2 piece design. The total cost for it is about $140 more or less depending on where you order from.
Just checked with ford : A is the main tube needed and g1fz 6a949b is part # for the rs engine cover

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I think you need pieces A & B to make the complete intake as shown in turboboost12004's post above...it looks like A is the section with the RS logo and B is the curved section that goes to the turbo, anyway here's Tasca prices including the Ford Performance engine cover:

Part Number: G1FZ-6A949-B $53.38 $53.38

Part Number: G1FZ-9C623-A $69.50 $69.50

Part Number: G1FZ-9C623-B $51.03 $51.03

Subtotal Amount: $173.91

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I also have the RS engine cover.
Are there any sensors or plugs on that RS tube? Anything different that would need to be changed or deleted from a stock ST like wires, sound symposer, etc?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts