Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill start with this first i guess, im new to the forum so forgive me if i do anything wrong.

I have a 2013 focus st with an Agency Power catless downpipe. Oem downpipe mount, oem turbo, electric rear mount, oem mounts everywere else.

It started with the downpipe tearing my downpipe mount because it doesnt have a flex pipe on it. The lack of the flex pipe means that the downpipe has to move with the motor as it torques towards the rear of the car.

After it tore the mount the metal mounting rods rattled against the subframe for a long time.

Well after driving it for a few months it finally had enough and snapped when i took off onto a main road. Where ir broke was right down the center of a weld just after the first 02 sensor.

Has anyone had similar issues? Im pretty mad about this as AP is a big company and should know that a solid pipe would be a bad idea considering every other manufacturer that makes these for the fost puts a flex pipe on it for this reason.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,806 Posts
Ill start with this first i guess, im new to the forum so forgive me if i do anything wrong.

I have a 2013 focus st with an Agency Power catless downpipe. Oem downpipe mount, oem turbo, electric rear mount, oem mounts everywere else.

It started with the downpipe tearing my downpipe mount because it doesnt have a flex pipe on it. The lack of the flex pipe means that the downpipe has to move with the motor as it torques towards the rear of the car.

After it tore the mount the metal mounting rods rattled against the subframe for a long time.

Well after driving it for a few months it finally had enough and snapped when i took off onto a main road. Where ir broke was right down the center of a weld just after the first 02 sensor.

Has anyone had similar issues? Im pretty mad about this as AP is a big company and should know that a solid pipe would be a bad idea considering every other manufacturer that makes these for the fost puts a flex pipe on it for this reason.
Why did you buy a downpipe without a flex section? Or did you buy the car with it already on it?

Shopping around and comparing products would have saved you some headache for sure.

AP should warranty it, it seems like a real case of a poor weld. It's actually kinda astonishing how cleanly it broke. Looks like it was cut, lol.

A little research goes a long way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why did you buy a downpipe without a flex section? Or did you buy the car with it already on it?

Shopping around and comparing products would have saved you some headache for sure.

AP should warranty it, it seems like a real case of a poor weld. It's actually kinda astonishing how cleanly it broke. Looks like it was cut, lol.

A little research goes a long way.
I bought a box of car parts for $400 and this was in it along with a thner and some other stuff that a guy was trying to just offload.
I threw it on because it was in the garage. I searched around and didnt think it would be an issue at the time.

Now that its broken i can see how it could have been an issue.
Another problem i have is im not the original purchaser of the downpipe so i dont know if i can even have any sort of warranty to be honored. It wasnt really used when i got it.

As far as the weld goes, it looked like it couldve been poor penetration but i cant be 100% certain. It was pretty crazy how it broke though

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
When I saw that pipe the first thing I thought was that it was going to break. Voila

1 - 5 of 5 Posts