Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How old are you, what was your last car, what would you like your next car to be?
Ok I'm embarrassed to admit I'm 46. I'm actually a little self conscious in my St with the semi loud catback and boomba vta bov. My last car was a Civic and I think my next car will be the Civic Type R.

·
Registered
165 Posts
23, last car was a highly modified jeep wrangler. I havent put a second of thought into the next car but Ive always wanted an STI. Id be down for that, or an electric vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
How old are you, what was your last car, what would you like your next car to be?
Ok I'm embarrassed to admit I'm 46. I'm actually a little self conscious in my St with the semi loud catback and boomba vta bov. My last car was a Civic and I think my next car will be the Civic Type R.
This topic has been discussed before (I know, I started one once). But FWIW I'm 45 and have a meaty sounding MBRP catback (soon to get a downpipe), and a bunch of mods. I, like you was a bit self conscience about getting what some would consider a "boy racer car". You'll be surprised to see how many here are our age, and a whole bunch who are our senior! It's a fun, somewhat practical car that just screams fun. This is also the first car I've ever done any modding on. My previous ride, which is now relegated to a work/winter beater car is an '07 Mazda 6s. Next car I'd like would be an RS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 32, last car was a '92 mercury grand marquis LS. I'm currently in a '14 st1 that is stage 2 and screaming for a gtx2971r. I love this car and have enjoyed moding it to the current point. I don't care what people think tbh. I've spent too long trying please others now it's time to be selfish :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm 23. My last car was a World Rally Blue 2002 Subaru WRX Sedan.
Not sure what my next car will be, perhaps an RS, or something else that is a "Driver's Car" lol?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm 33. Last car was a modded 2004 TJ Wrangler. Currently in a stock '13 st3.

No plans of getting rid of the ST for awhile but would defiantly consider buying another ST in the future if a RS isn't in the budget.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
39 yo, last vehicle was an slightly modded 2010 Xterra. My next toy will be a used Jeep GC or Liberty to mod for off road. I would get another Wrangler (I had one in college), but the damn things are too expensive. I wanna spend under 10K.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll be 50 next week. Last car was 97 Camaro, 30th anniversary edition. I'm having too much fun with this car to think about a next one yet :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
This topic has been discussed before (I know, I started one once). But FWIW I'm 45 and have a meaty sounding MBRP catback (soon to get a downpipe), and a bunch of mods. I, like you was a bit self conscience about getting what some would consider a "boy racer car". You'll be surprised to see how many here are our age, and a whole bunch who are our senior! It's a fun, somewhat practical car that just screams fun. This is also the first car I've ever done any modding on. My previous ride, which is now relegated to a work/winter beater car is an '07 Mazda 6s. Next car I'd like would be an RS.
A fellow Mazda 6 owner! I traded my '06 6S and sold my '04 RX-8 to buy my '16 ST.

I'm 46 (for one more month). Next car for me will probably be another cheap Miata to live alongside the ST. Haven't given much thought to a replacement for the ST, because I usually keep my daily drivers for 8-10 years. The 6 was about 2 months shy of 10 years when I traded it. Plus, my wife has dibs on the next vehicle.

Haven't really been self conscious about age and the ST, since I've always had a soft spot for hot hatches. Prior to the 6, I drove a mildly modified '97 GTI VR6. Considered getting a GTI or Golf R, but wanted something with a local dealership.

·
Registered
547 Posts
55. Last car was a Subaru LGT wagon. My next car when I retire will be Merecdes , BMW or a Pick up truck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm 29 today. Last car was a 2013 Golf TDI (#dieselgate). Not sure what the next car will be. Maybe another hot hatch? Or an Audi S-something. Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
44 with a wife, 5 year old, and 3 dogs. Just got my ST a month ago. Had a 14 Jetta 1.8 TSI with APR tune before the ST. No plans for whatever is next as this car fits my current needs and desires. Just gonna keep modding it to keep it interesting. I typically get a different car every 2-3 years.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm 52, could care less what anyone thinks, and when my '16 FOST is paid off in a few years I hope to buy a new SS Camaro (1SS package, six speed manual, of course, and I'm NOT selling my FOST), assuming there will be another generation to follow the current one. If the current generation is still in production (doubtful, but possible), then one of those. 455 HP, or better, and the music the 6.2 V-8 makes, are mighty compelling and it would be my third Camaro...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts