Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a year ago, I purchased a set of KMC Rockstars and they didn't work with the Garageline Spacers. The KMC's turned out to be crap......within a few months, 3 of them got bent.

Anyway.......anybody know some wheels that fit and what offset would I need to get a fit that matches the stock snowflakes when mounted?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
So about a year ago, I purchased a set of KMC Rockstars and they didn't work with the Garageline Spacers. The KMC's turned out to be crap......within a few months, 3 of them got bent.

Anyway.......anybody know some wheels that fit and what offset would I need to get a fit that matches the stock snowflakes when mounted?
So if I understand what you are trying to say: You want aftermarket wheels that have the same offset as OE? If that is the case, you will not find aftermarket wheels in the stock offset due to the OE wheels being such a positive offset compared to other OE vehicles and definitely anything aftermarket. Anything you buy will be pushed out (marginally) more than OE.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I understand what you are trying to say: You want aftermarket wheels that have the same offset as OE? If that is the case, you will not find aftermarket wheels in the stock offset due to the OE wheels being such a positive offset compared to other OE vehicles and definitely anything aftermarket. Anything you buy will be pushed out (marginally) more than OE.
Could not mount the KMC's with wheelspacers.........had to take them off. I'd like to find a set of wheels that you can mount with spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Could not mount the KMC's with wheelspacers.........had to take them off. I'd like to find a set of wheels that you can mount with spacers.
Ok, next question: Why do you want spacers? Why don't you just buy new wheels in the right offset?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, next question: Why do you want spacers? Why don't you just buy new wheels in the right offset?
Gotcha......so what kind of offset would I want to get if I wanted a look flush to the fenders like the 20mm spacers give me? All this offset stuff new to me my friend......thanks for the assistance here.......

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.....think Im getting this stuff......so a 40mm offset would be about the same as stock snowflakes with 20mm spacers?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Gotcha......so what kind of offset would I want to get if I wanted a look flush to the fenders like the 20mm spacers give me? All this offset stuff new to me my friend......thanks for the assistance here.......
So I run the TSW Rivage in an 18x8 +40mm. OE is 18x8 +55mm, so I pushed my wheels out 15mm(.59 inches) and they sit pretty nice in my opinion. If you PM me your phone# I can send you some pics of my car and how the wheels sit.

The closer you get to a 0mm offset means that the pad of the wheel that physically makes contact with the hub of the car is at the center of the wheel. Easy way to remember is lifted trucks use a negative offset and cars use a positive offset. So the closer you get to a negative number the more it will stick out.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I run the TSW Rivage in an 18x8 +40mm. OE is 18x8 +55mm, so I pushed my wheels out 15mm(.59 inches) and they sit pretty nice in my opinion. If you PM me your phone# I can send you some pics of my car and how the wheels sit.

The closer you get to a 0mm offset means that the pad of the wheel that physically makes contact with the hub of the car is at the center of the wheel. Easy way to remember is lifted trucks use a negative offset and cars use a positive offset. So the closer you get to a negative number the more it will stick out.
Nice wheels bro but you know what.......Im forced to seek out a wheel with a concave shape. Those KMC's I had jut out some like the Rivage.....I curbed them bad......whole face decimated. But I get it now on the offset stuff.........thanks.

Hey.....that VelossaTech snorkel........happy with the results after install???

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Nice wheels bro but you know what.......Im forced to seek out a wheel with a concave shape. Those KMC's I had jut out some like the Rivage.....I curbed them bad......whole face decimated. But I get it now on the offset stuff.........thanks.

I don't have the snorkel, but I think every ST that I've ever seen with one looks awesome. For that reason alone I want one in the future. I was at an ST meet this past weekend where I was I believe the only guy without a snorkel

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts

Yeah I like it for sure, it's not really a mod that you will install and instantly notice a difference but the car will always be happier getting cooler air.

You will have a hard time trying to find concave wheels for the ST due to the offset, you will need and offset as close to a 20-35mm as possible. Which will then cause some issues for fitment. Just make sure they wheels you see online are indeed the right offset and bolt pattern in the pics, because they usually show the most concave fitment they make but in reality for our offset and wheel width it will look nothing like the picture. For instance I wanted the TSW Mallory 5, but in our offset it was not concave in the least bit, it was completely flat faced.

·
Registered
377 Posts
16906478_1098627450247142_3944519405123141632_n.jpg 15876077_1331341556925773_7484892704204128256_n.jpg

Are you looking for something flush like this? Specs are in my signature down below.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts