Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
How did you get the airbag light off I'm looking to install the same seats. Also did you use the planted seat brackets?

Reactions: builtboosted

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have not tried to get the airbag lights off. what i plan to do is to measure the resistance on the stockers and then jumper an equivalent resistor and hopefully it'll work. anyone got any other suggestions?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yesssss sr7s ftw!!! i used the sparco planted seat base, recaro sliders. I modified the seat base as they were sitting too low (i mean really really low).
basically my fabrication shop chopped off the mounting legs from the seat base, added 2 inch steel blocks on the 4 sides and welded them back (steel block in between the seat base and removed legs).

i hope you bought the low side bolsters sr7s. mines the medium height bolsters and its still a pain getting in and out of the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yesssss sr7s ftw!!! i used the sparco planted seat base, recaro sliders. I modified the seat base as they were sitting too low (i mean really really low).
basically my fabrication shop chopped off the mounting legs from the seat base, added 2 inch steel blocks on the 4 sides and welded them back (steel block in between the seat base and removed legs).

i hope you bought the low side bolsters sr7s. mines the medium height bolsters and its still a pain getting in and out of the car.
It sits low due to the seats or is it the seat brackets? And was it sitting lower than the lowest you can can go in stock seats?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sits low due to the seats or is it the seat brackets? And was it sitting lower than the lowest you can can go in stock seats?
Overall everything is lower. From the seat construction to the planted sparco seat base which is literally millimeters off the floorboard.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Please keep us updated to what resistors you use and if it works

Reactions: builtboosted

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
There's a guy on our Texas ST fb page that put corbeus in his ST and said all he did to get the light off was take it to the dealer where they did a "zero point inspection". No resistors or anything.

·
Registered
312 Posts
There's a guy on our Texas ST fb page that put corbeus in his ST and said all he did to get the light off was take it to the dealer where they did a "zero point inspection". No resistors or anything.

Really?! hmm I was looking at the Corbeau Forza seats as well. How bad is the air bag light? Is it livable like having the tpms light always on?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts