Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade driver seat for my '16 st base model. I can't find any install threads.. Looking for some advice. Looking to get bride or sparco seats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same with me, looking to get some sparco seats for my ST1.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Considering the mixed reviews on the Recaro seats, after market seats would be a relatively hot market for this car. This is something I know absolutely nothing about, but are there generic aftermarket seat manufacturers that provide necessary adaptors? How about the power/heat functionality? I would be VERY interested in a quick plug and play after market kit, though expensive I bet many would put it in their wish list. To those in the know on the topic, does what I describe already exist? If not, why the f not?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Try OGracing out of VA. They have a huge warehouse full of seats and adapters.

Reactions: Darkdayz23

·
Registered
186 Posts
Very interested on getting info on an aftermarket seat install. Id love to know how to put in some Bride seats and not get any CEL or airbag problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would love to swap out my seats for some nice aftermarket ones. Cant wait for a guide!

·
Registered
236 Posts
My 2 cents- If you are going to replace your seats, try to get FIA approved seats, better crash resistance safety etc. Cobra makes some great seats. 425 Motorsports in Seattle is a great source for brackets and seats, give the owner a call he has helped me in the past on previous builds and always been willing to provide advice.

·
Registered
822 Posts
ok guys, i'm gonna install my recaros SR7s on within this month. these will be mated with recaro sliders and the sparco 600 series planted seat base.
I'm taking awhile because the bases i bought are too low....... so its now with my fabricators who are adding 2 custom steel brackets (2 inches, yes its that low...... but no other alternatives in the market)

I have a question, do you guys know of any way to trick the system into not showing an airbag alarm after ive swapped my seats?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just a warning, if you buy seats be prepared to mess with the electronics for the airbag and seatbelts.
Also, when buying seat brackets, buy really high end ones and not the cheaper ones

I bought NRG Racing seat and the brackets for my old scion...had to make custom brackets for the seats so they would fit in my car since the ones that make the seats a "direct fit" were way off.

Moral of the story, if youre going to do it, go all in and spend the money to get good quality parts.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Its in! Now gotta measure thw resistance of the sensors on the stockers and insert an equivalent resistor

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Its in! Now gotta measure thw resistance of the sensors on the stockers and insert an equivalent resistor

Looks good, how do you like them? Did your baby get a custom one or just an off the shelf from the store?

·
Registered
812 Posts

They look great! Looking forward for an update on the resistor, as I would like to do the very same thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts