Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Registered
I'm planning on waiting till I find a totalled ST and get the Sony from that. Very rarely do you get the inside damaged after a crash, and with the ST being something people are more likely to crash it shouldn't be long till one pops up in a scrapyard.

Registered
I'm planning on waiting till I find a totalled ST and get the Sony from that. Very rarely do you get the inside damaged after a crash, and with the ST being something people are more likely to crash it shouldn't be long till one pops up in a scrapyard.
I remember looking before I bought my 2016 that if I decided on anything with Sync 2 that I'd replace it. I know there's that one website that sells kits for like $1600 which is ridiculous, but I found that you could get some decent pricing on units from Rock Auto so you could definitely check out there.

Registered
Speak of the devil, I think I've found one! Pretty cheap too! :D It's from a scrapped facelift. Question is, are the stereo mountings the same for the facelift as they are for the pre-facelift? My guess is that Ford wouldn't make these sorts of changes for the sake of it? I've had a look at the touchscreens for the two variants, both pre-facelift and facelift, and they look identical design wise. If they are physically compatible, what kind of programming would I need done for it to work once it's installed? I understand there's some kinda code for each unit?

Man, just thinking about getting a touchscreen in my pre-facelift makes me excited! I've got a "thing" for customising and making vehicles unique, and none of the pre-facelifts came with touchscreens over here, only the facelifts. If I can get hold of it and get it working in my car I'll probably have one, if not the only pre-facelift with the genuine Ford touchscreen in the country! Not only that, but it'll be the touchscreen from the facelift, which will make my car even more unique! :redspotdance:

Registered
Speak of the devil, I think I've found one! Pretty cheap too! :D It's from a scrapped facelift. Question is, are the stereo mountings the same for the facelift as they are for the pre-facelift? My guess is that Ford wouldn't make these sorts of changes for the sake of it? I've had a look at the touchscreens for the two variants, both pre-facelift and facelift, and they look identical design wise. If they are physically compatible, what kind of programming would I need done for it to work once it's installed? I understand there's some kinda code for each unit?

Man, just thinking about getting a touchscreen in my pre-facelift makes me excited! I've got a "thing" for customising and making vehicles unique, and none of the pre-facelifts came with touchscreens over here, only the facelifts. If I can get hold of it and get it working in my car I'll probably have one, if not the only pre-facelift with the genuine Ford touchscreen in the country! Not only that, but it'll be the touchscreen from the facelift, which will make my car even more unique! :redspotdance:
As long as your car already has the touchscreen then the mounting AND the cabling will be the same. If you have the regular "Sync" tiny screen then I do not think it will work. There's a thread somewhere that's a huge guide on getting, installing and programming a Sync 3 unit from a scrap car into a car that had Sync 2.

Registered
Get a dash kit. Get whatever headunit of your choice. Get a harness adapter. Get a harness to retain steering wheel controls.

It isn't difficult to do. I wouldn't buy some shady chinese all in one kit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Registered
Looking into this as well. I have found lots of kits out there but I wanted to get a ST2/ST3 kit instead but heard it is a pain in the rear to get it to work. Still haven't gave up that idea up if there is anything else that is good I will keep a eye out for

Registered
I just got my radio in from Alpine today. Im going to be putting in an INE-w960HDMI double din touch screen with the Metra dash kit that comes with the module to retain SWC. Will be running Alpine's in line 4 channel amp that plug directly into the head unit as well KTP-445A and finishing it up with a Rockford Fosgate loaded 12" sub enclosure. Hope to get the install done this weekend!

Registered
I just got my radio in from Alpine today. Im going to be putting in an INE-w960HDMI double din touch screen with the Metra dash kit that comes with the module to retain SWC. Will be running Alpine's in line 4 channel amp that plug directly into the head unit as well KTP-445A and finishing it up with a Rockford Fosgate loaded 12" sub enclosure. Hope to get the install done this weekend!
Take pictures afterwards very interested

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts