Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Finally finished installing it yesterday. No fitment issues!

The pedal effort is substantially higher than stock. Very slight rattle at idle which is only really noticeable when I turn off the music. Clutch take up feel is very good, like stock. Very smooth. Will report back after I'm done breaking it in.

SBC Stage 3 Daily

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead....

I need to replace my clutch and I'm looking into the different brands. I've heard some horror stories from SPEC so I'm trying to stay clear and South Bend seems interesting...hopefully it's been long enough that they've fixed the fitment issues for good. Regardless, does South Bend use a lightweight/aluminum flywheel in their kits? The lightweight flywheel is the main thing drawing me towards SPEC.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have Spec stage 2+ with their lightweight flywheel. There is chatter but it does not bother me too much, its held up great for me so far! Check out my build thread to see pics of the install

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have Spec stage 2+ with their lightweight flywheel. There is chatter but it does not bother me too much, its held up great for me so far! Check out my build thread to see pics of the install
You’d have to check their site but, I do believe the south bends come with a lighter flywheel. I believe it’s Steve though not an aluminum one. I’d have to go open the box on mine and double check to be sure or you can do a google search to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead....

I need to replace my clutch and I'm looking into the different brands. I've heard some horror stories from SPEC so I'm trying to stay clear and South Bend seems interesting...hopefully it's been long enough that they've fixed the fitment issues for good. Regardless, does South Bend use a lightweight/aluminum flywheel in their kits? The lightweight flywheel is the main thing drawing me towards SPEC.
I've just broken in my South Bend Stage 3 Daily. It has a lightweight steel flywheel. The chatter at idle is there but it's not loud at all. Inside the car, I can barely hear the chatter with the stereo and aircon off. It's noticeable outside the car but still a lot less than other lightweight flywheels I've used in the past.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Just ordered ACT HD Clutch Kit 6 Puck with Flywheel, anyone else tried the 6 Puck clutch?
interested as well. Curious if anyone is using the ACT 6 puck with OEM DMFW.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got it installed, Its a whole different clutch. The engagement is way up, dont even ask about the chatter. In first gear you have to rev higher to grab the clutch. So far its been mixed feelings but its a good start toward 360+ whp.

I got a short shifter also installed, so the whole setup needs getting used to. Oh also got the mountune RMM so the chatter isnt helping the new vibrations. It all needs to break in I guess.

·
Super Moderator
7,143 Posts
I ran one, but the sprung hub failed on me. Quite badly. Running their 3+ now, reluctantly. Its been good for about 20k, and is holding the big turbo. My faith in Spec was shaken though.

@MFactory has a clutch partner, and they seem like the cream of the crop. Totally running their setup next. Along with their YCW coilovers.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I ran one, but the sprung hub failed on me. Quite badly. Running their 3+ now, reluctantly. Its been good for about 20k, and is holding the big turbo. My faith in Spec was shaken though.

@MFactory has a clutch partner, and they seem like the cream of the crop. Totally running their setup next. Along with their YCW coilovers.
I want to go big turbo. Miss the sound of a v8 and i really like the supercharger whine. Decisions decisions

·
Vendor
374 Posts
41 - 53 of 53 Posts