Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on here a few months and haven't caught anything that talked about this. I've read the stickies and a lot of the warranty threads, but my question is this:

Because the BPV controls that pressure the turbo builds, hence controlling pressure on the turbo, turbo air routing (charge pipes, IC, etc.), and effectively the engine itself, could all engine work be potentially denied if the factory BPV is swapped out?

You can't really compare any thing California does to the actual United States

·
Registered
878 Posts
Do you mean to keep quoting me?

And I'm not sure what you mean denied...if this is a warranty question then good luck getting an answer. Oh, and your warranty is voided.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been on here a few months and haven't caught anything that talked about this. I've read the stickies and a lot of the warranty threads, but my question is this:

Because the BPV controls that pressure the turbo builds, hence controlling pressure on the turbo, turbo air routing (charge pipes, IC, etc.), and effectively the engine itself, could all engine work be potentially denied if the factory BPV is swapped out?
I don't see how replacing the crappy stock bpv could cause warranty issues, but don't quote me at on that. If you're really concerned maybe ask your dealer and maybe even ask them to do the install?

·
Registered
825 Posts
If you have any concerns about the warranty then do not make the changes.
If you can afford to fix what you caused to break by swapping oddball parts... then go ahead.
I am sure if the new BOV is used it could indeed cause any motor warranty to evaporate.
And yeah you can sue.. Go right ahead.. How many Whoo Hoos of "I won my legal battle with Ford and they even paid my lawyer fees"..
Not many. LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you guys. That all makes sense. I'll see what the dealer has to say.

Do you mean to keep quoting me?
Also, I'm on a lot of forums. And most have signatures. I thought that quote was signature worthy, so it's my signature now. I guess this forum notifies you whenever you're tagged doesn't it? Lol I'll make it so it doesn't send you a notification everytime I post

You can't really compare any thing California does to the actual United States

·
Registered
878 Posts
Also, I'm on a lot of forums. And most have signatures. I thought that quote was signature worthy, so it's my signature now. I guess this forum notifies you whenever you're tagged doesn't it? Lol I'll make it so it doesn't send you a notification everytime I post

Lol I gotcha, I was wondering why every post you were making was quoting me, that's funny. It's fine, no need to change anything, I'll just ignore them :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here we go. Now it won't blow up your feed haha

"You can't really compare any thing California does to the actual United States"
- StevenST

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am not sure you understand what the BPV is and it seems you are confusing some of its' functionality with the wastegate. The bypass valve just vents pressure built by the turbo through the intercooler piping when the throttle body closes, it does not control the pressure the turbo makes. The control of your boost pressure is done through your wastegate. You cannot adjust your BPV for example and get any additional boost pressure. You can change spring pressures on BPV's (aftermarket) and therefore cause compressor surge. Regarding warranty I am not able to answer that question, but I ask what will you benefit from changing your stock BPV if you are not tuning the car or pushing it beyond stock. I never had any problems with the stock unit even on 24psi tunes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts