Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I installed all the winter purchases I love the sound and torque I get I put on a injen intake,mbrp cat back xp exaust,boomba bov,cobb rear motor mount it feels like there is more power never dyno while stock have any of you guys did a dyno w/o a accessport and tune just curious. I will be doing that next

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
And I love lamp.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Never did without a tune. No reason too. The car will not show much gain without a tune. They go hand in hand. What you feel is a butt dyno that opened your stock tune about as much as you can. You have the right parts add a fmic and tune then you will know what the rest of us already know ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never did without a tune. No reason too. The car will not show much gain without a tune. They go hand in hand. What you feel is a butt dyno that opened your stock tune about as much as you can. You have the right parts add a fmic and tune then you will know what the rest of us already know ?
will do man but "what is it that the rest of you already know"?

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
You definitely will feel a gain, when you get a tune put on there. You may be feeling a bit now, which I would think is because of the RMM allowing more power to actually get to the wheels. Less wheel hop definitely helps.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
will do man but "what is it that the rest of you already know"?
That you made basically 0 gains with all those mods.

Until you tune it that is. Once you tune it you'll actually make a little bit more power, but honestly on our car an intake does nothing. A catback also does nothing. A blow off valve definitely does nothing. And the RMM helps get a little better traction so that helps. Get an Accessport then you'll actually feel real gainz and the car will respond to the bolt-ons you added. Without the tune you probably didn't even make 5hp more than stock.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
The factory "tune" torque targets; the computer dials back fuel and timing once the factory torque target is reached. You may be getting to the torque target more quickly, which may be why you "feel" a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts