Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I noticed an odd issue with my car so I started logging certain items, one of them being actual afr, and I came to see that upon deceleration it would just to extremely lean, meaning from 14.5 to 44, so my question is is that normal? Or what's going on? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Hey guys, I noticed an odd issue with my car so I started logging certain items, one of them being actual afr, and I came to see that upon deceleration it would just to extremely lean, meaning from 14.5 to 44, so my question is is that normal? Or what's going on? Thanks in advance.
That's normal. It should sit at 14.7 or something like that when you aren't REALLY getting on it, and when you aren't on the throttle or sitting idle it'll get up to like 44. Do a wide open throttle pull and make sure it dips down to like 11.something or high 10 something. If it only dips to like 12 or 13 then you are running lean and have a problem.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
You are witnessing the main positives behind DI. The injectors shut down when ur in gear and coasting to save you gas. It allows for cylinder shutdown also, which the next gen ST is supposed to have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does bounce, once it comes back to idle it goes between 14.5-14.7, now th other issue is that after a wot pull I get some grey/blue smoke but only a tiny bit after letting off of it, and I have no idea where to start with that, I'm kind of a noob to all this

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
It does bounce, once it comes back to idle it goes between 14.5-14.7, now th other issue is that after a wot pull I get some grey/blue smoke but only a tiny bit after letting off of it, and I have no idea where to start with that, I'm kind of a noob to all this
Do a WOT pull and report back with where your AFR stays when the pedal is floored. Should be like 10-11. It should stay there as long as your foot is planted.

As far as the smoke, does it only do this when the car is warming up, or ALL the time? Mine smokes a ton when it is still cold for the first 15-20 minutes. Does the smoke smell really sweet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesn't smell sweet at all, has a burnt oil smell, it only smokes after wot, never at idle, never just cruising. And goes away quick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts