Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently threw a P0130 code and cleared it on my AP to see if it would come back but my AFR are going crazy. in any gear when i let off the gas it jumps to 40+ and it hit as low as 9.5 for a second and when im on the gas light its ok at 14.7 but sometimes at 13 or 12 will a new O2 Sensor fix? 120,000 km

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,443 Posts
Your AFR is going to go extremely lean because your throttle is closed between shifts or decelerations.

A new wideband O2 sensor will definitely help performance.

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
So i recently threw a P0130 code and cleared it on my AP to see if it would come back but my AFR are going crazy. in any gear when i let off the gas it jumps to 40+ and it hit as low as 9.5 for a second and when im on the gas light its ok at 14.7 but sometimes at 13 or 12 will a new O2 Sensor fix? 120,000 km
Everybody's afr jumps up to 40+ when letting off of the throttle, and, everyone's goes low when they hit the go pedal hard. These numbers are not unusual.
what’s the wide band ? i got an upstream bosch oe sensor bank 1 sensor 1
That's the wideband, the one that determines AFR; the downstream o2 sensor just checks catalyst efficiency.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everybody's afr jumps up to 40+ when letting off of the throttle, and, everyone's goes low when they hit the go pedal hard. These numbers are not unusual.

That's the wideband, the one that determines AFR; the downstream o2 sensor just checks catalyst efficiency.
even in 1-2 gear? it’s going down the rpms at about 44 and then when in neutral jumps go 20-22 then 16 then 13 sometimes lower then to 14.7 it doesn’t seem regular as it’s never happens before i also threw the code then this started to happen

·
Registered
46 Posts
even in 1-2 gear? it’s going down the rpms at about 44 and then when in neutral jumps go 20-22 then 16 then 13 sometimes lower then to 14.7 it doesn’t seem regular as it’s never happens before i also threw the code then this started to happen
It's a direct injection car, the AFR goes very lean when off throttle. Cruising it should be close to stoichiometric 14.7, WOT it be between high 9s to low 12's depending on your fuel and tune. Off throttle as high as 45ish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts