Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wanted a 2nd or 3rd opinion on this. I'm starting a business and selling my ST. I'm crunching the numbers and trying to figure out what nets me the most money. I'm between parting the car out and then selling it as a stock car.........or just selling it As Is for a much higher price. For anyone knows the car, it has quite a bit invested (my build link is below). Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
parting it out is always going to net you a bit more cash in the end. to sell a modded car for the price you want is hard because you have to find someone that really really wants to buy this car. and given our cars aren't rare by any means and are still relatively new people are gonna be looking at dealerships to make a purchase rather than private party.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
parting it out is always going to net you a bit more cash in the end. to sell a modded car for the price you want is hard because you have to find someone that really really wants to buy this car. and given our cars aren't rare by any means and are still relatively new people are gonna be looking at dealerships to make a purchase rather than private party.
Yea that's pretty much what I was thinking too. I figure its easier to command a reasonable price in stock form than a high one in modded form.

·
Registered
63 Posts
especially if the mods list in your signature is what you are going to be selling you'll net a few g's more easily.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I looked at you list ....... part it out for sure. Dealers don't care about mods they might even haggle you down because of them and your mod list will scare away the majority of private buyers.
Dibs on the pcv plate and the snorkel .... JK :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
especially if the mods list in your signature is what you are going to be selling you'll net a few g's more easily.
Sounds good. Yea there's alot more I couldn't fit in the signature haha

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at you list ....... part it out for sure. Dealers don't care about mods they might even haggle you down because of them and your mod list will scare away the majority of private buyers.
Dibs on the pcv plate and the snorkel .... JK :D
Yea I hear ya, dealers are rough. I used to work at one Lol. I'd def sell privately if that's the route I ended up going. haha sure thing

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think parting it out will net the most coin, but realistically it depends what you want for it? Are you looking for the same amount of cash as we could buy a new one for ($19-23K) or are you just looking for KBB +5K or so?

If you are competing with a new one part it out - oh hey, what kind of seats ya got :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yup, unless you don't like money then you should definitely part it out and put in the time restoring what you can to stock before selling.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't been on here for awhile. Major Part out. Going 100% back to stock. Anyone that knows my build, knows there's ALOT for sale Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts