Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm Liz. I just got a 2016 ST1 yesterday! I am still in the process of getting 100% comfortable with a manual, but I am enjoying the car so far :) I stalled once yesterday up a hill in too high of a gear... Whoopsie. I can't wait to get more comfortable with driving it and really start to see what the car is capable of. I'm sure I will be posting here with questions in the near future!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Welcome to the family! Post pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I am having trouble even figuring out how to change my profile picture!
View attachment 191073
Profile picture I had to use an online photo editor to crop the picture down to a 150X150 pixel sized image (I think that was the size).

Beautiful car. This is the color I would have gotten if I didn't go with the Kona Blue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Profile picture I had to use an online photo editor to crop the picture down to a 150X150 pixel sized image (I think that was the size).

Beautiful car. This is the color I would have gotten if I didn't go with the Kona Blue.
I had a blue one picked out as my first color of choice that was located at a different dealership. Well after I did all the paperwork for it we find out that the other dealership sold it! I was so mad.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Welcome aboard! Don't lug your engine at low rpms, when in doubt downshift, like always to pass, and don't floor it in 6th (or 5th/4th under 3k rpms).

Once you get comfortable launching, if you wanna get rid of the wheel hop in 1st, RMM and front traction bar really help.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome aboard! Don't lug your engine at low rpms, when in doubt downshift, like always to pass, and don't floor it in 6th (or 5th/4th under 3k rpms).

Once you get comfortable launching, if you wanna get rid of the wheel hop in 1st, RMM and front traction bar really help.
i second this, wasn't made aware until 1 month into owning it and am so glad I was informed... car is a little more fun to drive in Sport Mode or when ESC is completely turned off... ENJOY :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks! It was a steep hill and I shifted to third at the base of it and she just couldn't make it. I was pretty embarrassed, but lesson learned! We did discover the wheel hop when my husband was driving it and I'll definitely do something to help that once I get comfortable with my driving :)

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
:welcome::focus-st-smilie:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts