Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Advanced set up wizard DSR1. NOTE the screen shots are most likely incorrect I put them in as place holders as I figure out the best starting point for MY set up

NOT perfect but at least we have a starting point with some visuals

1. Once you connect your device using the perfect tune App select set up / then select set up device
then select the T harness or not = T harness is purchased separately for plug and play

step 1..jpg

2. Once you connect your device using the perfect tune App select set up / then select set up device
then select the car /gear icon top right corner

View attachment 286138

3. Swipe the App from left to right and pick your speaker set up, below illustrates the stock speaker layout. Once done select "Ok got it"
bottom right hand corner

IMG_0497.PNG

4. If you have a bass control knob connected to your DSR1 then select that option. "Ok got it" NOT SURE THERE IS ONE YET

IMG_0498.PNG

5. Cross overs personal settings "Ok got it"

IMG_0499.PNG

6. select the speaker icon on top left "red arrow"

IMG_0536.PNG

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
How hard was the install? Thinking about getting one myself. Would you recommend? A bit pricey.
It's one of the less expensive options actually. Super easy if its compatible with one of the t harnesses, if not, same as wiring in any other dsp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
A bit pricey.
LOL. Sorry. This comment made me laugh.

$250 for the level of ease of install/tuning/updating this device brings to the table is a bargain.

Now consider the SOUND that can be had after installing the DSR1. Some of you just don't understand the struggle in dealing with the craptastic Sony amp.

I say this all the time. Worth it? Yep. Twice over.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
How hard was the install? Thinking about getting one myself. Would you recommend? A bit pricey.
Pricey compared to what?

1)You cannot simply install an amp after the Sony amp.
2) Previous solutions to this are inferior.

The Sony amp controls sound shaping and time alignment and there is not a thing you can do about it. If you know what you are doing and by asking this question you obliviously don't understand how important this product is to remove the amp because even with the best DSP's on the market it still colors the sound.

$250 is an affordable price point, what pray-tell do you plan to purchase that is LESS and will be as effective?

Reactions: XRJoe and PHOKUS

·
Registered
772 Posts
pricey compared to what?

1)you cannot simply install an amp after the sony amp.
2) previous solutions to this are inferior.

The sony amp controls sound shaping and time alignment and there is not a thing you can do about it. If you know what you are doing and by asking this question you obliviously don't understand how important this product is to remove the amp because even with the best dsp's on the market it still colors the sound.

$250 is an affordable price point, what pray-tell do you plan to purchase that is less and will be as effective?
so much this.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
if you have a sony system, I wouldn't even consider changing out anything more than just the speakers without using one. its pretty much the price of admission.

I'd say if you are doing a whole system, even with the best equipment you will not get better sound without one. you can easily get better sound with a DSR1 on less expensive equipment. other DSPs easily cost $600 or more and cant fully fix the problems that the OEM amp causes.

but please, we already have a couple of threads on why it is so important, how it works, and whats needed to do the install, lets try to keep this one clean and on topic of the more advanced tuning settings of the DSR1 and using one of those for the more basic questions (which may have already have been answered).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts