Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
You need a scan tool that can read SRS codes to see what the problem is. If it is in fact a problem. Associated with adjusting the steering wheel up, down, in or out, then likely there is a damaged wire or bad connector near or in the steering column.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
The airbag light came on. Not flashing, stays on after self check. WTF?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
What the hell lol.. is this a brand new ST? Maybe they didn't leave enough slack on the wire and it pulled something it shouldn't have? To the dealer ASAP you don't wanna mess around with air bag issues. Trust me. One goes off or fails in an accident and it'll be ugly and expensive

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
What the hell lol.. is this a brand new ST? Maybe they didn't leave enough slack on the wire and it pulled something it shouldn't have? To the dealer ASAP you don't wanna mess around with air bag issues. Trust me. One goes off or fails in an accident and it'll be ugly and expensive
If it is new, then likely somebody screwed it up putting it together on the line... Some of the things that get by on a Friday afternoon shift is crazy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is new, then likely somebody screwed it up putting it together on the line... Some of the things that get by on a Friday afternoon shift is crazy!

Its a 2014, bought 2 weeks ago, no warranty. Working fine till I messed with the steering wheel. Saw some youtube vid about cleaning connections, but airbags scare me

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Its a 2014, bought 2 weeks ago, no warranty. Working fine till I messed with the steering wheel. Saw some youtube vid about cleaning connections, but airbags scare me

Interesting. Previous owner, did you know them? Perhaps some screwery went on thanks to the previous owner? That's not a good one to have go wrong. Airbags scare me too for obvious reasons.

Edit: Heck working on them is one thing....if someone so much as punches the dash where the airbag is in my car I get anxious lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts