Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't there any vendor out there that wants to take the market of offering an upgraded exhaust housing for stock k03 focus st turbos? The k03 has turbo response 2nd to none on are car and with an upgraded k03 could put down 350/400 on e40 fuel if we could have a solution of bolting on a new turbo housing that bolts right to the factory head along with larger compressor wheels from pumaspeed or gpop etc, or that company could offer their own modified k03 with their casted turbo housing. Anyone have the resources to do this? 23 psi by 2,200 rpms is nice if you can keep top end too.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Isn't there any vendor out there that wants to take the market of offering an upgraded exhaust housing for stock k03 focus st turbos? The k03 has turbo response 2nd to none on are car and with an upgraded k03 could put down 350/400 on e40 fuel if we could have a solution of bolting on a new turbo housing that bolts right to the factory head along with larger compressor wheels from pumaspeed or gpop etc, or that company could offer their own modified k03 with their casted turbo housing. Anyone have the resources to do this? 23 psi by 2,200 rpms is nice if you can keep top end too.
It's been done. Results? Disaster!

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been done. Results? Disaster!
you may be confused sir. who has casted a new turbo housing for our k03 with a new larger integrated turbo manifold?

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if they did I couldn't find any threads or google results for a casted turbo housing upgrade. If anyone can post a link to any data I'd love to read it.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Ya, Im surprised that the folks at Forced Performance havent picked up on this platform. They started making their own turbine housings for the evo community.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wouldn't the 6258 pretty much be what you are describing. I know it isn't an exhaust housing replacement to the K03, but isn't the stock compressor wheel out of puff as is anyway. In which case by the time you upgrade the exhaust housing, turbine wheel, upgraded waste gate actuator, port the compressor housing and put in a bigger compressor wheel you would just be better off buying a bigger and better turbo.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed gpop,frankenturbo and puma speed over the weekend. Puma and franken got back to me, I've offered puma to beta test their turbo on USDM platform and push it hard. Frankenturbo is and has already been working on a prototype casted upgraded housing with bespoke that will be "the best" hybrid turbo option on the market. I'm guessing it would be good for around 360 whp/400wtq with e40 fuel. I've asked to beta test the turbo and push it for all it's got, waiting to hear back, but I think he wants to test it with his tuners first. It would be a direct bolt in would be my guess and mate with the factory downpipe and not require a mechanical bov.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts