Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking for a quick reply.

I disconnected my AIC the other day and now I need to reconnect it.

Can someone please verify for me what position it's supposed to go back into?
Circuit component Office equipment Electronic component Electronic engineering Electrical wiring

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,342 Posts
Hi looking for a quick reply.

I disconnected my AIC the other day and now I need to reconnect it.

Can someone please verify for me what position it's supposed to go back into? View attachment 405599
Do you have a volt meter? What fuse are you using to add the Tap to?

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
75 Posts
For me that tap wouldn’t fit anywhere. I had to cut it and attach it to the fuse that way. Be really nice to have seen where that thing actually fit.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
75 Posts
Think that’s what your looking for.
Circuit component Electrical wiring Hardware programmer Audio equipment Passive circuit component

Reactions: BlueciferST

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,342 Posts
Direction of the tap is very important. Also when tapping a fuse in the BJB (battery junction box). Another point to note is the original fuse size (amps) that your trying to use.

If you're attempting to pull 15 amps from a 5 or 10 amp supply bad things will occur. Tell me what you need. Constantly Hot, Ignition Hot? If you're really in need of higher thought put be need it switched Ignition Hot then you can always add a fuse to the HVJB (high voltage junction box) and put a relay that can be triggered by the Ignition relay output.

Just let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
4,342 Posts
Line Font Bicycle part Engineering Automotive tire

The
Bicycle part Font Gadget Electric blue Automotive tire

The direction of that fuse tap matters!

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Direction of the tap is very important. Also when tapping a fuse in the BJB (battery junction box). Another point to note is the original fuse size (amps) that your trying to use.

If you're attempting to pull 15 amps from a 5 or 10 amp supply bad things will occur. Tell me what you need. Constantly Hot, Ignition Hot? If you're really in need of higher thought put be need it switched Ignition Hot then you can always add a fuse to the HVJB (high voltage junction box) and put a relay that can be triggered by the Ignition relay output.

Just let me know.
Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable Gas Electronic component

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk

Tha
Automotive tire Hood Coil Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

Thanks I think I may have found a a bad ground. Screw was definitely loose...not sure if I or Ford did that...either way no bueno.

Going to get a bonding brush and hopefully fix that. I don't know if it will solve my problem, keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping that arching didn't make everything worse. 🥴

Plan on replacing all of the fuses on the HVLB, already ordered from Tasca.

Can anyone confirm are there a few more grounds underneath the battery box? Seems like a project for tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
View attachment 405623
View attachment 405624

Tha View attachment 405622

Thanks I think I may have found a a bad ground. Screw was definitely loose...not sure if I or Ford did that...either way no bueno.

Going to get a bonding brush and hopefully fix that. I don't know if it will solve my problem, keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping that arching didn't make everything worse. 🥴

Plan on replacing all of the fuses on the HVLB, already ordered from Tasca.

Can anyone confirm are there a few more grounds underneath the battery box? Seems like a project for tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts