Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am running a ROUSH CBE I had installed about a year ago. The exhaust sounds great but the drone bothers me past 70mph/112kmph so I actually drive slower because of it. I have a MBRP Catless DP I want to install but I am worried it will amplify the drone, I was thinking of installing a 2nd resonator on the ROUSH CBE system, or maybe a muffler? does anyone have any experience with either? Looking for advice before I set off doing so. I dont mind the ca being sound, I am just terrified of installing the catless DP and having horrible drone and my car sounding like a straight pipe civic after.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
506 Posts
Google some clips of a catless Roush setup, definitely not a civic. Also, instal the DP and see how it is; the DP is going to change the frequency of the exhaust anyway so it may help out. Also, look into adding a j-tube at the last bend before the turn to the exhaust tips; if the tube is done correctly it can eliminate the drone. Just google how to calculate j-tube length.

FYI the exhaust stops droning after 82 mph... GO FASTER not slower :Rally:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you ^ I have pretty much seen all the clips of a roush cbe and catless setup. But the problem is no clip will do a real life sound justice, I appreciate the input and will look into a J tube. Thank you

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thank you ^ I have pretty much seen all the clips of a roush cbe and catless setup. But the problem is no clip will do a real life sound justice, I appreciate the input and will look into a J tube. Thank you
go46ball had the Roush catback and a DP. You could try messaging him about the interior noise. He has sold his ST but you can message him here or instagram. He has first hand experience with that setup. But in the end the drone tolerance is different; may be worth throwing on the DP and finding out.

Reactions: airborne

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked with some friends at work, track instructors that have built cars. Suggested a glass pack install, cheap and should do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts