Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my st a few months and I did a lower grille delete a few weeks ago. We had a bad storm and something got stuck in the shutters and broke the little arm that connects all the fins and froze the motor up. I tried claiming warranty on it but they said they don't do that on water damage. Unfortunately the fins are stuck shut and it overheated my car a little when it happened. I need to know how to remove the whole shutter system and if I have to remove the bumper and intercooler or not and how long it takes. I would like to take it out the bottom or top without removing the bumper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I've only had my st a few months and I did a lower grille delete a few weeks ago. We had a bad storm and something got stuck in the shutters and broke the little arm that connects all the fins and froze the motor up. I tried claiming warranty on it but they said they don't do that on water damage. Unfortunately the fins are stuck shut and it overheated my car a little when it happened. I need to know how to remove the whole shutter system and if I have to remove the bumper and intercooler or not and how long it takes. I would like to take it out the bottom or top without removing the bumper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
You are most likely going to need to remove the bumper unless you just stick your hand up there and just start ripping fins off since it's broken already. Watch some vids on CJPonyparts.com about installing a new intercooler and you'll see how to get the AGS out.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
You are most likely going to need to remove the bumper unless you just stick your hand up there and just start ripping fins off since it's broken already. Watch some vids on CJPonyparts.com about installing a new intercooler and you'll see how to get the AGS out.
Honestly, when I removed mine I tried doing it carefully not to damage them, but it cracked when I flexed it slightly so I said screw it and I just snapped them all to bits and pulled them off/out. No going back for me. They're stupid anyway :cool:

·
Super Moderator
10,098 Posts
Taking the bumper off is easy; it took me 30 minutes the first time after watching a video. I bet I could get it off in ten minutes or less now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts