Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my pedal lifter today from ModBargains in blue. The blue is a little lighter then I was expecting, but I don't mind at all. The install took, at most, ten minutes. The car now feels like all of my past cars that I can easily heel/toe my downshifts and match the gears better. All in all, this is a must for any that enjoy canyon/touge driving. You can lose for the price. You can see in the second to last picture, the pedals are almost dead even, how they should've come from Ford. Also did the clutch spring delete mod to see how I like it. You can find the how-to here - http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/focus-st-owners-do-this-mod-now-1700259489

P.s. Don't mind the floor, I know she's dirty and she'll be getting a good spring cleaning this weekend for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I received my pedal lifter today from ModBargains in blue. The blue is a little lighter then I was expecting, but I don't mind at all. The install took, at most, ten minutes. The car now feels like all of my past cars that I can easily heel/toe my downshifts and match the gears better. All in all, this is a must for any that enjoy canyon/touge driving. You can lose for the price. You can see in the second to last picture, the pedals are almost dead even, how they should've come from Ford. Also did the clutch spring delete mod to see how I like it. You can find the how-to here - Focus ST owners, do this mod NOW.

P.s. Don't mind the floor, I know she's dirty and she'll be getting a good spring cleaning this weekend for sure.
Nice! This is my first standard trans car, and I haven't even attempted heel-toeing because of how daunting it seems with the pedal set-up. I have checked these out before, nice to see someone try it out.

PS, you like your Roush Catback?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! This is my first standard trans car, and I haven't even attempted heel-toeing because of how daunting it seems with the pedal set-up. I have checked these out before, nice to see someone try it out. PS, you like your Roush Catback?
Heel/toeing isn't as hard as you might think, just takes practice and it becomes second nature to know how much to rev to match your next gear at the speed you want. And I love my Roush. Wouldn't change anything about it, itself. I plan on going catless in the future but the exhaust by itself I love.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Heel/toeing isn't as hard as you might think, just takes practice and it becomes second nature to know how much to rev to match your next gear at the speed you want. And I love my Roush. Wouldn't change anything about it, itself. I plan on going catless in the future but the exhaust by itself I love.
Cool, I will have to just start doing it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts