Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im kind of stranded right now not sure what to do. I have a 2016 st and while I was driving I noticed it kept wanting to die whenever I would slow down and then my temp, oil temp, oil pressure gouges went out so I pulled over and shut it off. It started right back up and idles fine but if I give it gas it wants to die right after in neutral then goes back to idling fine. Also, after the gouges went out it seemed like it didn't want to accelerate at all. Idk if I should drive it or not so im stuck at a hotel right now. Any help is really appreciated and if you know someone knowledgeable on these it would be nice to talk to someone. Thank you

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,743 Posts
Please share more info about your car, mileage, any mods, etc. and you'll likely get more replies.

Have you ever replaced the canister purge valve in the engine compartment?

Have you ever cleaned battery terminals and ground points?

If you haven't replaced the battery, maybe time to do so.
If you have, maybe check fuse links under front battery cover. They are reportedly delicate.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I concur. Electrical weirdness has been known to be traceable back to an old, underperforming battery in these and other heavily computerized cars. Perhaps a battery change will solve the issues.

·
Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
810 Posts
If you haven't replaced the battery, maybe time to do so.
If you have, maybe check fuse links under front battery cover. They are reportedly delicate.
do the oil sensors require a lot of current?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I vote on battery replacement also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts