Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running a Stratified OTS flash tune on my "Stage 3" '13 FoST for quite some time now. I recently uninstalled my AP from my FoST and the car ran okay... except for the fact that it barely made any boost. I realize that the stock boost gauge is crap, but it didn't pass the first notch on the gauge (maybe 7lbs or so) and the car made no power.

I reinstalled the tune and the car ran just fine, reaching 23+ lbs (E30).

I may end up purchasing an RS in the near future and may take my AP with me (if I don't sell it modded private party). Obviously, I can't really do that if it doesn't run right on the stock tune.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean uninstall the AP from my car a second time? Yes I did attempt that, no luck.

I am afraid that the stock tune may be corrupt on my AP or something along those lines. I am not sure how I'd even go about solving that. I did have the dealer do a PCM update to my car while the stock tune was installed and that didn't solve the issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,538 Posts
Have you contacted Stratified?

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they answered and completely missed the question I guess..

Sent another email to clarify. Maybe someone can tag some of the Stratified guys in this thread?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, in case anyone needs this in the future. Stratified seems unable to help me and has not seen this before. I am contacting Cobb now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Update, in case anyone needs this in the future. Stratified seems unable to help me and has not seen this before. I am contacting Cobb now.
Well that's bull****. They have seen this before. I contacted them recently about a tune they sent that seemed to corrupt the computer. And just like you said, the miss the entire point of the email and the issue. It's identical to your issue. My buddy's car is completely un drivable and they don't seem to care at all. Car was fine stock, fine with the Cobb stg3 then once we loaded up the strat tune the car was ****ed. I've sent 4 emails total and they don't seem to see the problem or are passing off he issue to user fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's bull****. They have seen this before. I contacted them recently about a tune they sent that seemed to corrupt the computer. And just like you said, the miss the entire point of the email and the issue. It's identical to your issue. My buddy's car is completely un drivable and they don't seem to care at all. Car was fine stock, fine with the Cobb stg3 then once we loaded up the strat tune the car was ****ed. I've sent 4 emails total and they don't seem to see the problem or are passing off he issue to user fault.
Your buddy has the same issue as me? To clarify my car runs just fine on the Stratified OTS tune (and has for about a year and a half). When going to the stock tune it doesn't make the boost it should, probably running the wastegate spring pressure.

I responded to their initial email where they missed the point, and a different guy responded saying to contact Cobb. I know a guy on the /r/FocusST subreddit that now works for Stratified so I messaged him as well, and he talked to Alex. Alex apparently said he's never seen this problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
between this, and another thread, I guess stratified is off the list.
To be fair, I actually have (mostly) had a good experience with Stratified. Their tune is great, and when I was getting log reviews they were incredibly helpful. The only downside to their service is their support guy who responds to requests has misread my messages nearly every time I've gotten in contact with them, and I feel like I am being very clear. They tend to respond with something that has almost nothing to do with my actual question. The response time isn't super great either, but I'm not sure how it compares to alternatives.

I don't know yet if this is an issue with Stratified or if my AP somehow corrupted my tune, or what. So I'm not blaming them yet.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I run strat and I've never had an issue until lately. Specifically since the last update Cobb rolled out. There is a difference in ECU codes that for some reason matters now. 49s and 50 I believe. But you are right about the service support guy. He misses the point completely. If he didn't ask what ECU you have that is probably the issue. I'm almost positive loading the wrong program will cause the issues you and my buddy are having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
One more update for now.

Cobb made the point that since my car has an intercooler, catless DP, intake, exhaust, etc, etc, that may be the source of the problem. I don't know if I necessarily agree but it's obvious I need to pull the parts off and check before I can really start troubleshooting more. My car will likely be going back to stock anyway as I'm moving to an RS. I'll update this thread again when I get the chance to pull the parts off - will be late August at the soonest as I'm out of the country until then!

Thanks for your help guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts