Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my '14 ST threw P1026 and P1450. I'm trying to find a fix to both of them and I haven't found any help.

If you know anything ask me some questions and I will get back to you

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I know nothing about tunes, tuning or Accessports, so I cannot be of assistance, but the way you presented the problem sounds like a riddle to me. I could be wrong, but I think you may get more helpful answers if you can provide information on the year and miles on the car, mods, tune you are using, as well as the circumstances surrounding the codes popping up rather than just having people ask you questions and take a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nothing about tunes, tuning or Accessports, so I cannot be of assistance, but the way you presented the problem sounds like a riddle to me. I could be wrong, but I think you may get more helpful answers if you can provide information on the year and miles on the car, mods, tune you are using, as well as the circumstances surrounding the codes popping up rather than just having people ask you questions and take a shot in the dark.
2014 ST1 with 957XX miles
intake
depo FMIC
flowmaster catback exhaust
accessport - stage 2 93 octane tune

Codes popped up when I was getting the car up to temp. Driving like a normal person under 45.

Recently noticed that while at idle or in a low gear the engine coolant temp gauge would rise between the 3/4s line and the H every so often, wouldn't let me accelerate much at all then.

·
2,069 Posts
The 1450 code merits Purge valve replacement. Common failure, accurate self-check.

The 1026 had several Definitions when i searched, but now that you mention coolant temp, it must be cylinder head temp sensor code. Without having enable criteria in front of me, it may be just a simple "engine overheat " code. In that case you need to stop driving the car and figure out why it's overheating before you melt the engine down. How's Your coolant level?

Reactions: GotAFoSTnSpeed6

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,840 Posts
Last night my '14 ST threw P1026 and P1450. I'm trying to find a fix to both of them and I haven't found any help.

If you know anything ask me some questions and I will get back to you
The CHT (cylinder head temperature) and ECT (engine coolant temperature) sensors aren't correlating. It is putting the PCM into protection mode. You need to double check your coolant levels.

The fuel tank isn't building vacuum during the EVAP test. This could be either the EVAP purge valve or Canister Vent valve has failed or you may have a leak.

Reactions: GotAFoSTnSpeed6

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1450 code merits Purge valve replacement. Common failure, accurate self-check.

The 1026 had several Definitions when i searched, but now that you mention coolant temp, it must be cylinder head temp sensor code. Without having enable criteria in front of me, it may be just a simple "engine overheat " code. In that case you need to stop driving the car and figure out why it's overheating before you melt the engine down. How's Your coolant level?
I have been monitoring the coolant level since the temps had started rising. In the reservoir it sits slightly below the min line even after I fill it every so often.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,840 Posts
How often?

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,840 Posts
Coolant levels lowering would indicate a potential internal or external leak. If the coolant temperature levels rise and then fall randomly as you drive I would suggest that you perform a coolant system pressure test to determine if there are and noticeable leaks. Then replace the thermostat and coolant. A sticking thermostat can cause that code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought my ST a few months ago but its a 2014 with 42k miles, I received a recall letter the other day and it could be why you're having issues with your 1450 code.

The recall is 18S32 Fuel tank deformation - pcm software may not adequately detect a stuck-0open canister purge valve (CPV) within the fuel vapor system. If the CPV malfunctions and sticks open, it can lead to excessive vacuum in the fuel vapor system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts