Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, some of you may know and others may not. Accessports are available through me and they come with my OTS plus map. That is my custom map for your mods and a supplemental revision. Cost for the v3 is 500 shipped in the continental US.

Freektune - Ford Focus ST Accessport v3

·
Registered
387 Posts
Kinda off topic but usually how many revisions does it take to get an e85 blend tune locked in?

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justin are small adjustments included in your "OTS+" such as idle adjustment rev hang delete etc etc
Yessir it is. Just let me know what you are interested in having changed with the map and I will incorporate that into the base map that is loaded onto the ap, or add it into the second revision. Same goes for the OTS+ map of purchase separately

·
Registered
241 Posts
Justin, I'm new to tuning and I'm considering getting the AP soon. What would u say is an advantage of going through u vs say FSwerks or another tuner? This will be my first performance mod to my stock '14 ST. So, will I be able to get updated maps as I add mods? What kind of different maps are available? Are there fuel efficient maps and FFS? Thanks.

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Justin, I'm new to tuning and I'm considering getting the AP soon. What would u say is an advantage of going through u vs say FSwerks or another tuner? This will be my first performance mod to my stock '14 ST. So, will I be able to get updated maps as I add mods? What kind of different maps are available? Are there fuel efficient maps and FFS? Thanks.
My accessports will come with the OTS plus map option. I can set up FFS or any adjustments like LC, idle etc. Like any tune that is sold I'm always here for analyzing datalogs and making sure the car is running healthy and safe.

If you want a full on custom tune, 5 way switching, e85 or add mods that require a retune then there is a small fee for the adjustments. However my maps can adjust to most basic mod changes safely and I will check the datalogs to ensure that is the case.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My accessports will come with the OTS plus map option. I can set up FFS or any adjustments like LC, idle etc. Like any tune that is sold I'm always here for analyzing datalogs and making sure the car is running healthy and safe.

If you want a full on custom tune, 5 way switching, e85 or add mods that require a retune then there is a small fee for the adjustments. However my maps can adjust to most basic mod changes safely and I will check the datalogs to ensure that is the case.
I sent you an email @freektune.com regarding purchasing the ots plus then later going full on custom, I think I'm about to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Excellent. I don't plan on going past stage 1, at least for a few years, so I'll think about it. I gotta get my car into the dealer, been having the stalling issue, and it just popped the engine fault code yesterday. Hopefully its a quick fix. I'll be visiting your site soon after that. Thanks Justin!

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent you an email @freektune.com regarding purchasing the ots plus then later going full on custom, I think I'm about to pull the trigger.
Cool. I will be checking emails a bit later once I'm at a computer.

Excellent. I don't plan on going past stage 1, at least for a few years, so I'll think about it. I gotta get my car into the dealer, been having the stalling issue, and it just popped the engine fault code yesterday. Hopefully its a quick fix. I'll be visiting your site soon after that. Thanks Justin!
Sounds good sir. Thank you!

·
Registered
385 Posts
So if I purchase the AP3 from you how much is it with an e85 tune?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
This post is directed towards anyone who is stuck between choosing a few different vendors.

I've had a few different tunes in my car, and all had their pros and cons. If you want a detail explanation of each tune i had from each vendor..send me a private message. I always seemed to have an issue with my tunes. When I had a tune that was powerful, it lacked reliability. When I had a tune that was safe and reliable, it lacked power. Since making the switch to FreekTune, i can honestly say, my car that has 50,550 miles on it, is faster than it has ever been. Not only does the butt dyno confirm, but passengers and also virtual dyno.

The power delivery is VERY smooth, the MPG is amazing, the car runs A LOT better. No jerks, hiccups, stutters or anything like that. The throttle is the same as stock, so theres no getting used to it, like many have complained about COBB OTS maps. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS. Justin is quick to respond to emails, he's constantly asking for logs, and telling you what he has changed. He's very knowledgeable and he's great to work with. After speaking to a few speed3 guys in my area about my time with Justin, they have confirmed my feelings about FreekTune and they have a newfound respect for the ST. That to me is the biggest compliment i can pay to FreekTune.

I've worked with quite a few vendors, some on this board and some who are not a part of this board or community, and Justin is right at their at the top of one of the best.

If you are unsure or confused, dont hesitate to send justin an email to get more information. If you have any questions about my personal experience and more detail about my time with FreekTune, please feel free to PM me.

tl;dr - I highly recommend FreekTune to all members. One of the best tuners i've come across.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Thanks for the review, makes my decision easier. I would still like to try the Cobb maps for economode and valet mode. Have u tried those?
I have them on my AP but i have no use for them. The good thing about FreekTune, and any other vendor that tunes for the AP, you can have all of the COBB OTS Maps, plus your tuners custom tunes. The AP is a great tool for any ST owner. Prior to having an AP i had the SCT x3, and honestly, the two devices are night and day. COBB AP is far better IMPO.

·
Vendor
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This post is directed towards anyone who is stuck between choosing a few different vendors.

I've had a few different tunes in my car, and all had their pros and cons. If you want a detail explanation of each tune i had from each vendor..send me a private message. I always seemed to have an issue with my tunes. When I had a tune that was powerful, it lacked reliability. When I had a tune that was safe and reliable, it lacked power. Since making the switch to FreekTune, i can honestly say, my car that has 50,550 miles on it, is faster than it has ever been. Not only does the butt dyno confirm, but passengers and also virtual dyno.

The power delivery is VERY smooth, the MPG is amazing, the car runs A LOT better. No jerks, hiccups, stutters or anything like that. The throttle is the same as stock, so theres no getting used to it, like many have complained about COBB OTS maps. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS. Justin is quick to respond to emails, he's constantly asking for logs, and telling you what he has changed. He's very knowledgeable and he's great to work with. After speaking to a few speed3 guys in my area about my time with Justin, they have confirmed my feelings about FreekTune and they have a newfound respect for the ST. That to me is the biggest compliment i can pay to FreekTune.

I've worked with quite a few vendors, some on this board and some who are not a part of this board or community, and Justin is right at their at the top of one of the best.

If you are unsure or confused, dont hesitate to send justin an email to get more information. If you have any questions about my personal experience and more detail about my time with FreekTune, please feel free to PM me.

tl;dr - I highly recommend FreekTune to all members. One of the best tuners i've come across.
Thank you for the awesome review!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts