Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Cobb accessport yesterday. I’ve had an Injen cold air intake installed for about 3 months.. I installed the Stage 1 91 OCT tune from Cobb themselves.. I checked my gauges and set one to hp level and one to torque level.. On a wide open pull, my torque levels reached to about 250 but my HP reached a maximum of 160hp, even at 5k rpms.. I’m not sure if it could be the tune or the cold air intake but if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
1,503 Posts
I just got a Cobb accessport yesterday. I’ve had an Injen cold air intake installed for about 3 months.. I installed the Stage 1 91 OCT tune from Cobb themselves.. I checked my gauges and set one to hp level and one to torque level.. On a wide open pull, my torque levels reached to about 250 but my HP reached a maximum of 160hp, even at 5k rpms.. I’m not sure if it could be the tune or the cold air intake but if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Thank you!!
There's no problem, it's not an accurate measurement at all. The cold air intake won't net you performance gains, and every pull you do, your engine is going to pull more timing/power due to heatsoak.

In order to preserve your power, you'll need an aftermarket front mount intercooler. The OEM one isn't good at all.

Lastly, if you are looking to get into proper tunes, don't run Cobb OTS tunes. They're canned and not good for long term use. Contact a reputable tuner, such as Stratified, JST, MonsterTuned, etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Those horsepower and torque numbers are useless. Dont use them. Monitor more useful things like ignition correction and temps. Also undo that cobb OTS **** and revert to stock. Unless you fancy throwing a rod...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's no problem, it's not an accurate measurement at all. The cold air intake won't net you performance gains, and every pull you do, your engine is going to pull more timing/power due to heatsoak.

In order to preserve your power, you'll need an aftermarket front mount intercooler. The OEM one isn't good at all.

Lastly, if you are looking to get into proper tunes, don't run Cobb OTS tunes. They're canned and not good for long term use. Contact a reputable tuner, such as Stratified, JST, MonsterTuned, etc.
That's what I figured. Luckily I got a stratified tune ordered yesterday so it should be installed on my car by monday, I didn't plan on using the OTS tune for long at all. I'll have to look into getting a front mount cooler. Thank you lots for the help!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts