Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16’ focus ST recently been around these forums asking questions getting people’s opinion. Long story short I want to get a accessport to support further mods like intake exhaust and IC but also to watch how my car is monitoring things. Main question is the first upgrade I’ll be doing is my intercooler upgrade how do I get the accessport to help with my intercooler or I guess cooperate with the intercooler or is there any tips to do with the accessport it’s a V3. New to this I just know don’t run stratified tunes and the Cobb off the shelf tune any other tips to get me going or started with it.

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
You could use the AccessPort to monitor parameters and run Stage 0 (factory tune) while you purchase and install your mods, then when you are fully modded buy a custom tune.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
689 Posts
Stratified tunes run fine, its really a preference. In order to take advantage, you'll need to select a tuner and let them know your supporting mods.

They will then create a base tune around those mods, and usually continue to revise with you via logging.

I would recommend that you don't run any Cobb OTS tune for a long period of time. If it's temporary, it will be fine. Popular tuners here are Stratified, JST, Freektune, Monster, etc.

I'm currently running Stratified and it's performing well. Some vendors will give you a tune with purchase of an AP from them, so look into that option.

Lastly, even without the AP, your ST will benefit from a FMIC immediately. Cooler charge temps are always a bonus. No tune is "needed" for this mod, but you won't take advantage of it fully without a tune.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stratified tunes run fine, its really a preference. In order to take advantage, you'll need to select a tuner and let them know your supporting mods.

They will then create a base tune around those mods, and usually continue to revise with you via logging.

I would recommend that you don't run any Cobb OTS tune for a long period of time. If it's temporary, it will be fine. Popular tuners here are Stratified, JST, Freektune, Monster, etc.

I'm currently running Stratified and it's performing well. Some vendors will give you a tune with purchase of an AP from them, so look into that option.

Lastly, even without the AP, your ST will benefit from a FMIC immediately. Cooler charge temps are always a bonus. No tune is "needed" for this mod, but you won't take advantage of it fully without a tune.
Okay awesome thank you man for sure

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could use the AccessPort to monitor parameters and run Stage 0 (factory tune) while you purchase and install your mods, then when you are fully modded buy a custom tune.
Okay thank you will look into that first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts