Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so pretty basic stuff here...just looking for suggestions on best location for mounting accessport, best type of mount and how to deal with the awfully long cord. do they make shorter cords? what do you suggest with the panel that likes to hang down right by the clutch pedal and ways to route the cord so its not all ghetto looking. ive been pretty bad about monitoring and with a recent P0302 scare (since resolved) ive decided it would behoove me to have my accesport on at all times. Also wondering about gauges you guys suggest to monitor. I currently have cylinder 1-4 corrections, charge temp and boost pressure. Thanks in advance and sorry for the overload of information lol

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Mounting:
Get a suction cup or A-Pillar mount.
Run the Cable down the pillar and into the dash either through the air vent or around it routed in through the door.
You can Unclip the OBD2 port inside the dash and actually plug them in and push the cables through so you don't have to keep that panel open all the time.
Just unclip the OBD2 port, push it backward and then plug the Accessport back into it.

Gauges:
It's mostly personal preference, should consult a tuner with what they want you to watch.
Usually, you can do Ignition corrections on cylinder 1 and 4, Boost, Oil Temp, Charge Air Temp, Intake Temp, AFR, Coolant temp....
Whatever you'd be interested in keeping an eye on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can use double stick tape put it next to the radio. I ran my cord down and in between the lower airbag and below the steering wheel. Then I unhooked my obd2 port and put them together. The gauges I run are the air charge temps, mph,AF ratio, and boost. As far as gauges go it just depends on what you did to the car and what you want to monitor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Proclip makes really nice mounts that clip onto existing plastics without damaging it. Also you don't have to use any double sided tape anywhere. They are expensive but really nice.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
An a pillar cell phone mount would be great does anybody make one for the ST?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Proclip looks good I just checked their site and will be ordering soon there's a few discount codes I found online like 10NOW

Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome ,thanks to all for the replies.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I wanted mine as low as possible so it doesn't block any view out the windshield nor does my hand block any of the gauges.

IMG_20180122_192449.jpg

I also ran the wire down through the gap between the dash and the steering column

IMG_20180122_192521.jpg

then just pull of the dash end cap, and coil all the extra wire up behind there so its out of the way, and then pop the OBD plug out (it just snaps in) to make room for the connector. the cable can still be removed in under two minutes if you need to for some reason.

Screenshot_20171212-191836.png

IMG_20170806_014351.jpg

IMG_20170806_014407.jpg

Screenshot_20171212-191749.png

I also wrapped fuzzy Tesa tape around the wire where it came through the gap next to teh steering shroud so that it was thick enough to wedge itself there and not slide around on its own, also keeps a tiny bit of pressure so that it cant vibrate against any plastic.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks dude, ill check it out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awesome man, thnks for the time and effort you put into this. Looks like the best possible spot for the ap3 ive seen. definitely gonna go this route. What mount is that?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cobb makes one for the focus

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Blah the proclip holder doesn't fit my s8 active w pelican case (15mm × 85mm)..oh well

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts
Heh, I wash just about to start a thread for Cali legal cell mount suggestions, perfect timing

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whichever one that is on your ap3

1 - 20 of 24 Posts