Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Test drove a 2014 ST1 base model tonght with 50k miles, 2 owner clean history and all documented maintenance, local trade in. The kbb fair purchase price and nada for my area is $16,200 on it. They have it at $14,500 And when I drove it the salesmen acted like he would be able to get me at $13,900. I didn’t do the deal yet and am going back in the morning. My idea of a great deal would be $13,500 give or take a couple hundred. Also, they are including a LIFETIME power train warranty also on engine/tranny/turbo/front and rear axles at no extra cost. There are some dents in the hood and roof from some previous hail damage but not super noticeable Bc the car is silver. I’m using this as negotiating weight also. Just would like some thoughts guys. It drove absolutely flawless, has all brand new pirelli all seasons (perfect for Midwest weather here), fresh oil change, all tinted windows, k&n typhoon intake, and a muffler delete. Thanks for your help!!!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wouldn't count on that lifetime warranty too much, especially given that your car comes with an intake. From experience those plans will try and find anything to deny a claim, more so than others. I've known a few techs to complain about having to deal with them, with the most ridiculous request being 5 years of oil change receipts for a car the guy only owned for 2 months. On the other hand it's free so if they do end up denying anything it's not like you are out any money in the end and anything they do cover is a bonus.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They confirmed that the intake doesn’t void the warranty in any way. The warranty is through the actual dealership themselves here locally, 5min down the road from me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another bonus is having the intake and tint already done which I would have done after i got anyways so this way I don’t have to drop any extra cash after the purchase. It’s gonna be my commuter car for 35 miles each way for a new job i landed. I will say that muffler delete added some annoying ass drone so I may be slapping a cheap muffler back on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts