Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I guess when I contacted Stratified for a custom tune the first thing you do pretty much after explaining your setup is send them some logs. Haven't heard anyone needing to do a dyno for a custom tune from them or any other tuner on here tbh.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well a dyno will allow for a some what laboratory like approach to a tune, while a street tune will give a real world approach with all the variables that go along with it. An advantage to a dyno tune is safety, you are not on the streets ringing out 3rd or 4th gear, which will take you to speeds that are technically illegal (in most places). Some tuners will do a few pulls on a dyno and then take you on the street to wrap it up. But, honesty a street tune should be just fine.
Yeah, I have a good stretch near me to do my pulls, but my cousin sits on the other end a mile or so away to watch for cops and will tell me over the walki-talki if I need to hit the breaks. Living in a city it could be a problem for people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.