Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I am loving this thing :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ryenigma

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Oh yes. New shoes. The Coopers were bald. I mean like 1/32 or less bald, so anything new will obviously feel better. However at 79k I have been through my fair share of tires aaaaaand..... Amazing. That is my only word I can think of. I am sure PSS are better, but how much better can they be? $540 for all 4 I was skeptical but strapped for cash and on sale I dove in for them. 245/40/18 just like the Coops. Immediately I noticed how immediate, sharp, and direct the turn is was. Both high speed and low. It's so sharp that it actually feels like the truck like turning radius decreased. Traction is strong, but hard to say if it's the tires, or the fact I now have tires with tread. Road noise is about on par of the F1s, maybe a tad quieter. This doesn't bug me, but definitely louder than the Coops. As they break in, and temperatures warm, I will post an update.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Holy moly man. It's been since June of 2016 since you've posted to your build thread prior to your tires post (good choice by the way). Have you done anything else worth mentioning in the meantime?

By the way, are you still running that Forge piece listed in your previous post? If so, how do you like it? I currently have the Boomba adjustable BPV and like it quite a bit. Even when it's set to as wide open as possible it's still pretty tame.

Regards,

Brad

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Holy moly man. It's been since June of 2016 since you've posted to your build thread prior to your tires post (good choice by the way). Have you done anything else worth mentioning in the meantime?

By the way, are you still running that Forge piece listed in your previous post? If so, how do you like it? I currently have the Boomba adjustable BPV and like it quite a bit. Even when it's set to as wide open as possible it's still pretty tame.

Regards,

Brad
Lol yeah its been a while. Got out of the Navy so work has been crazy now as a chef. I acquired some MAXX coil overs from Rebel Devil, which I have yet to install along with some HID's and intake/manifold spacers. Really just been doing regular maintenance. I hit a truck tire about 8 months ago which shattered the bolts from the down pipe to the rest of the exhaust. Been running an open down pipe since then, and just managed to get it fixed. Its crazy how quiet the car is now. I do miss the spool noise though. Coils will go in when I have the time and money (within the next year). Still loving the Forge. It is a great piece, loud but not as loud as the Boomba, one of my favorite mods I have done that really shows off the cars character.

Reactions: ryenigma and BCE22

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Unfortunately, the world has a habit of creeping in.

Glad you are now settled and I'm happy to see that your still enjoying your ride.

Really looking forward to see what 2018 has in store for your bad a$$ green machine!!!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Unfortunately, the world has a habit of creeping in.

Glad you are now settled and I'm happy to see that your still enjoying your ride.

Really looking forward to see what 2018 has in store for your bad a$$ green machine!!!
Same here. 80k miles and still having a blaST.

Reactions: ryenigma and BCE22

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
89k. Stock clutch e-30 tune and still in love. I can't believe Envy is going to be 5yrs old in August!!! Especially coming from a "trade every 6 months" kind of guy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ha i was navy also and just got out last year then decided to pick up a 18 ST. What rate were you? I got bit by the mod bug also and already started! good thread* man!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
Ha i was navy also and just got out last year then decided to pick up a 18 ST. What rate were you? I got bit by the mod bug also and already started! good threat man!
I was an AT. Good luck Brother.

201 - 212 of 212 Posts