Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned my 2016 MM ST2 since April and have not had any real issues with it, other then recently now that I'm using the AC I notice the rpm occasionally drops to 500rpm like its going to stall when coasting in neutral, that will be another topic.

I just noticed when waxing the car for the second time now that the passenger side A pillar is not at all aligned with the hood or fender but the drivers side is perfect. Is this something that I can adjust by loosening a bolt and pulling or will this require body work to bend the metal? I have no issure doing it myself as I have alreay removed the bumper 3-4 times for my J-Line intercooler and light bar.

Attached are pictures of the two A pillars. IMAG1668.jpg IMAG1670.jpg

·
Registered
848 Posts
My 2012 Titanium had this exact same issue, same side and everything. My 2014 ST has the rpm-dipping issue. Glad to see they're so consistent across the model line. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2016 is the same. Perfect on the L while the R looks as if the fender had been replaced. There's no direction you could move it that wouldn't make it worse in another area so I just live with it. Thankfully no one else has ever noticed.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeah if you walk through a Ford lot and look at all the new cars closely you'll see similar issues across the model lineup.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had a quick laugh because my '16 has the same issue with the panel. That one on the passenger side looks wonky but the drivers side is fine. Honestly I dont care.. It would be nice if it fit perfectly but I would rather the dealership not take my car away to fix it since it doesnt bother me one bit.

·
Registered
420 Posts
TSB 16-0025
2.0L GTDI - MAY EXPERIENCE IDLE SPEED DIPS - POSSIBLE MIL - DTCS P2610 AND/OR P08B9
Publication Date: February 26, 2016

FORD: 2015-2016 Focus
ISSUE:
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.
ACTION:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've never seen a Focus ST with the A-pillars that DONT look like yours. Or mine.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Just checked my 2015, North American (purchased in Canada) ST3. All the body panels seem perfectly lined up, sorry to hear about others' luck. I would go straight to a dealership if I had a serious misalignment. I imagine that would be covered?

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's not serious and it's hard to spot. The pillar is welded... So what you got is what you got.

·
Registered
295 Posts
TSB 16-0025
2.0L GTDI - MAY EXPERIENCE IDLE SPEED DIPS - POSSIBLE MIL - DTCS P2610 AND/OR P08B9
Publication Date: February 26, 2016

FORD: 2015-2016 Focus
ISSUE:
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.
ACTION:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraftservice.com.

Where is this originally posted at?

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Professional Technician Society. If you don't work at a Ford/Lincoln Dealer or Ford Motor Company, you don't have access to it.

It contains vehicle information, removal and installation procedures, diagnostics, associated images/exploded views, etc.

It also has SSM's (special service messages), TSB's (technical service bulletins) and FSA's (field service actions) that apply to your vehicle. The dealer should be checking OASIS (on PTS) for all sorts of information one when get a vehicle in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts