1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been getting fault codes constantly in the last few weeks
P0106(MAP/BARO) and P26DE (symposer).
I have booked into Ford to check it out. Dose the TSB issues with the wiring loom apply to Australia?
Or could it just be a MAP sensor?
Any help or advice is welcome.

CHEERS.

K&N air filter
No mods yet need to sort out codes before the intercooler install.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi,
I have been getting fault codes constantly in the last few weeks
P0106(MAP/BARO) and P26DE (symposer).
I have booked into Ford to check it out. Dose the TSB issues with the wiring loom apply to Australia?
Or could it just be a MAP sensor?
Any help or advice is welcome.

CHEERS.

K&N air filter
No mods yet need to sort out codes before the intercooler install.
Sorry wish I could help but in the US if you log into fords website you can punch in your vin and see any recalls are
current for your car. I don't think it should be any different for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ford Oz will try various swaps (I had throttle module, throttle body and ECU changed while they tried to isolate the fault based on codes) before they threw their hands up and accepted my suggestion to unwrap the harness and fix the earth multi-connection highlighted in the USA TSB (Ford Oz consistently refuses to acknowledge these). Success (until the shift linkage munched the harness because they didn't tie the harness back, then fixed again). Now pretty good, but I think it would be better if all of the crimp connections were done (occasional small falter, but no codes or stalls, and it certainly wicks up when asked).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 8/2013 130000kms
Ill give ford a go next week then off to an auto electrician.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke to the dealership and it another wiring loom issue.
Will get an auto elec to fix.
Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, I finally fixed the issue by preforming the TBS with a mate for assistance. The auto elec did want to go fault finding. All fault codes have not reappeared for 2 months now(were daily towards the end).Ford Australia dose not think there is a problem. Thanks for the support. Let the mods continue.

Reactions: Cowlynz and Dash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not want to start a new thread,but is anyone running ots tune stage 3 besides from cobb in Australia that is reliable and fun.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Fun is subjective, Stage 3 is a fair bit more torque and a bit more power. I was at stage 2 before I went BT as I felt like I was throwing money into mods and getting minimal gains in return. I originally thought the stage systems were like other platforms (evo, STI etc.) but for the ST the tiny stock turbo means minimal gains up top and a decent amount of torque which just spins tires at low revs. Some people like it but personally I felt that for all the money I spent it was not worth the gains. The BT made a huge difference in the fun factor and has been the best mod by far.

Where in Aus you from?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im from the Central Coast NSW. Its my wifes daily, but I drive it on weekends.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Im from the Central Coast NSW. Its my wifes daily, but I drive it on weekends.
Stage 2 seems to be the best middle ground for a daily as it won't be too obnoxiously loud and harsh but still have 90% of the power of a stage 3. Also the intercooler will help with engine longevity if you get on it a fair bit.

But I guess the take home message from me is don't expect anything as drastic as other platforms when it comes to the stage packages. I got in a Golf R APR stage 2 not long ago and that thing could keep up with my BT focus ST lol, it would destroy even a full stage 3 focus st running e30.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stage 2 seems to be the best middle ground for a daily as it won't be too obnoxiously loud and harsh but still have 90% of the power of a stage 3. Also the intercooler will help with engine longevity if you get on it a fair bit.

But I guess the take home message from me is don't expect anything as drastic as other platforms when it comes to the stage packages. I got in a Golf R APR stage 2 not long ago and that thing could keep up with my BT focus ST lol, it would destroy even a full stage 3 focus st running e30.
Current mods are e-focus RMM, Full exhaust, FMIC and a K&N filter. Just don't know if i should stick with cobb OTS tunes or go elsewhere. My daily was dyno tuned and has been great for the last 6 years. I just want the focus to have the same longevity as its more fun through the hills.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Current mods are e-focus RMM, Full exhaust, FMIC and a K&N filter. Just don't know if i should stick with cobb OTS tunes or go elsewhere. My daily was dyno tuned and has been great for the last 6 years. I just want the focus to have the same longevity as its more fun through the hills.
Personally I went with Stratified custom tune on both stock turbo and now gtx2867r. I wanted the longevity as well, and that can only really come from someone who knows what they are doing adjusting everything to your car and mods. There are other good tuners out there, I just had great experiences with Alex so I am pretty old school and will always stick with what is working. I tried OTS maps but to be honest I am happy to pay a few hundred extra for peace of mind rather than risk grenading an engine and paying $8k to replace. Just remember to tell whoever is tuning it that you are after reliability first and foremost. A lot of the time people get custom tunes because they want to push their platform further than OTS.

Best of luck mate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts