Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make sure I understand your system, specifically the clean side filter shown in the video.

Because you have 2 vacuum lines, 1 for boosted and 1 for idle, the valve cover area never sees pressure?

This allows the valve cover outlet to be capped off and eliminates the valve cover to intake bridge?

Does the line from the clean side filter to the air inlet only draw air?

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Trying to make sure I understand your system, specifically the clean side filter shown in the video.

Because you have 2 vacuum lines, 1 for boosted and 1 for idle, the valve cover area never sees pressure?

This allows the valve cover outlet to be capped off and eliminates the valve cover to intake bridge?

Regards,
Jim
Just re-watched the video and that's what it looks like to me. He said there should be a slight suction when you pop off the oil cap to install the clean side separator to the intake.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Regards,
Jim
The valve cover area will build pressure which is what the clean side separator alleviates while keeping oil from back flowing out to the intake air tube which would eventually make it's way to the intake manifold. A lot of newer engines have ventilation but do not have filtration to stop oil back flow. The clean side separator flows both way and does not have a one way check valve on it like the vacuum lines which use them to prevent pressurization of the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts