Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Not sure where to post A/C issue. I think I'm in the right place. If not please feel free to redirect me. I am having issues with my 2016 FoST's A/C system. From time to time, I feel that the vents are not blowing as cold air as it should. I mean, sometimes, the air is very cold, other times, not so much. Also, the middle vent on the passenger side is not blowing the same temperature as the other vents.

Are these issues normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
DO you have an ST1 or an ST2/3? Is the AC in 'Auto mode'? Is the Duel Zone set to the same temp on pass. side?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
In Auto mode, the fans will slow down once the set temp is reached. Only on 'Low' (as low as it goes) will the fans blow constantly, or if fan speed is manually set (Auto mode disabled).
Make sure the 'recycle' button is on. otherwise it draws outside air in, and could be why one side seems hotter.

Hope that helps.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
OK, from personal experience, the cooler the ambient air is the lower you need to turn your air to get it cool inside. In other words, if it's 78 outside you might need to turn it down to 66 to get the same inside temp as you would get when it's 95 outside and you set it on 70. They have an algorithm that increases the fan speed and works the compressor harder when it's hotter outside. This may be all you're experiencing, or you may actually have a problem. For me I have found that I don't get enough cool air when it's not hot out. And truthfully, when it's cooler I just open the windows and have a nice drive. The only time I don't is when it's raining or when there are passengers.

Reactions: JCH841
1 - 6 of 6 Posts