Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
They would indeed! It's funny on the Contour/Cougar forums everyone used to always say if our V6's sounded like the Mustang V8s they would be perfect! One day in the future when car engines will only be like 1 or 2 cylinders they'll be saying wow! remember when are cars roared like a 4 cylinder! LOLOLOL.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here is the thing, the Duratec V6 is a gorgeous sounding engine, meanwhile our Ecoboost I4 (Cough cough Duratec) sounds horrible due to our headafold. I know this following statement is going to not sit well with some ST owners, but the ST does not sound good when loud. Our cars will never sound good because of the head(er) design.

Thankfully, others have different opinions than I do. There are several people who think our ST's sound great, and I'm glad they think so!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
One day in the future when car engines will only be like 1 or 2 cylinders they'll be saying wow! remember when are cars roared like a 4 cylinder! LOLOLOL.
honestly, most thumpers or V-twins sound way better than our cars do. in addition to the headifold, the turbo just kills the sound of the exhaust. sure you can make the car sound loud, but there is nothing you can do to make it sound good. at least as a consolation prize, we get the great sound of boost to help make up for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
honestly, most thumpers or V-twins sound way better than our cars do. in addition to the headifold, the turbo just kills the sound of the exhaust. sure you can make the car sound loud, but there is nothing you can do to make it sound good. at least as a consolation prize, we get the great sound of boost to help make up for it.
True that!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So, I'm properly rocking SVT Focus brakes now in the front (from 278mm dia to 300mm dia) this is the least expensive way to get better brakes on the car with out spending 1.2k for front brakes. I recived my BAT strut kit, and got everything installed.

I'm lining up the day to get it back out on the track, but I did a *safe* canyon romp and the overall feel of the car is vastly improved. I dare say it is on par, if not slightly better than our ST's are now. I've sold the FiST wheels and I'm going to grab a set of light weight Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's and some Federal RSRR's The combination should be lighter than the OE 16" wheels and tires.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had a 2000 CSVT, black on black (The leather was kinda purple lol) I LOVED that car, tons of fun and very quick in it's day. I would love to have another.

·
Registered
36 Posts
All of this makes me miss my '98 SVT Contour. My '17 Focus ST is a better car in every way (as it should be, given the two decades between when they were built), but the Contour was such a sweet driving car, and that 2.5L Duratec was a peach.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had a 2000 CSVT, black on black (The leather was kinda purple lol) I LOVED that car, tons of fun and very quick in it's day. I would love to have another.
Interiors were either midnight blue or tan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I have an upcoming track day! June 17th (Fathers day) Looking forward to it, and I should even have go-pro footage this time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Had a ball at Big Willow, I didn't set any records, and I am by no means a professional, but I did have tons of fun.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's awesome. Dash matted old sedan gettin down at the track. Looks like a blast.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts