Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
What good is high octane fuel in the winter? Either you live in a tropical wonderland and have never seen snow, or you live in a place where fuel is cheap. I live in Canada, where we are taxed to death, that includes fuel as well.
I use 94 octane fuel, only in the seasons where i can use my car for what it is, a high performance car.
Here in the Midwest as we call it in the States, we get the extreme of all the seasons. It goes from subzero in the winter, to 100 in the summer.

That said, the price difference between 87 and 93 is roughly 30 cents in this area (15 cents between grades). This is worth it for all the benefits I listed prior; additionally, the increased MPG makes it a near break even result.

If I can spend 10% more on 93 which comes with a plethora of benefits, and get that large of a FE gain, then it's a question of "why not?"

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
93 Octane if you are in the states. Im currently in German and am on 98 Octane. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Here the difference between 87 and 94 is 20 cents per litre. Avg 50 littes fillup, that's $10 more.

91 octane is only 10 cents which isnt too bad

·
Registered
638 Posts
The 93 makes noticeable difference with my Cobb tune. You can definitely feel it.

If you give a man a fire he is warm for a day. If you set that man on fire he is warm for the rest of his life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 93 makes noticeable difference with my Cobb tune. You can definitely feel it.

If you give a man a fire he is warm for a day. If you set that man on fire he is warm for the rest of his life!

Where are you getting 93 in AZ?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm not. I'm getting it in the Dallas area. Here on a job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run 93. And yes you do get better performance. I saw a couple of dyno videos on this a couple of days ago which showed some HP and torque increase when comparing between 87, 91, and 93 octanes. The video I saw was from CJ pony parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive put in 89 once and noticed a difference. Been 93 ever since

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
If you're referring to 98 RON octane (RON is how they rate octane in the EU) it is equivalent to 93 octane in The States.
We also have 95 octane (102 RON). Which is what I run.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Ive put in 89 once and noticed a difference. Been 93 ever since
We also have 95 octane (102 RON). Which is what I run.
What's going on in here? Couple of early morning thread excavations? 2014, hmmm. Thats 5 years ago. Most of these members are long since active.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
What's going on in here? Couple of early morning thread excavations? 2014, hmmm. Thats 5 years ago. Most of these members are long since active.
Lol
Didn't notice how old the post before was. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Lol
Didn't notice how old the post before was. Sorry.
Lol, it's fine. Just busting your balls, the other guy though.

Just a lot of new members pulling **** out of the earth. I encourage searching the site, but not quoting people from 4 years ago. Most people go through a car in 3 years, let alone stay active on a forum for said car, lol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you burn 93 in your escape?
Actually, I run 91 (best we have here in Denver area) in all my Ecoboost vehicles: FoST, Escape, and a 2016 Transit XLT. I've tried running the cheap stuff in the van and escape and they just get better mileage with 91 (14.x vs 16.x for the van).

ETA: dang.. just realized how old this thread was. Oh well, it's early here and in still waking up.

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Actually, I run 91 (best we have here in Denver area) in all my Ecoboost vehicles: FoST, Escape, and a 2016 Transit XLT. I've tried running the cheap stuff in the van and escape and they just get better mileage with 91 (14.x vs 16.x for the van).

ETA: dang.. just realized how old this thread was. Oh well, it's early here and in still waking up.
Lmao, and missed the few posts right before yours!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,450 Posts
Isn't this thread officially revived now?
No, because the only semi on topic stuff has been quoting members that are no longer active, lol.

Maybe I should just start locking these old threads, but then what joy is in that. ;)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts