Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that was the monthly payment for a 37K RS 2 ... And I ran out of the Stealership and I will NEVER DEAL WITH LHM FORD AGAIN. So be honest RS peeps are you paying that much for a Focus? Because that is like BMW cash there (said that to the salesman and he stated that it is BMW scratch and walked away !!)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Probabaly the most incomplete post I've ever read. A $37K loan at 2% interest for 36 months at $900 a month is an awesome loan. How about telling us all the terms of the loan before you go throwing a dealership under the bus for no reason. Complaining about the monthly payment without the rest of the details is completely useless. Someone's monthly payment amount is 100% irrelevant.

I guess if I'm paying $900 a month with no interest and will be done in three years, and you pay $400 a month at 6% interest for the next 8 years, I assume you think you got the better loan????

·
Registered
497 Posts
So that was the monthly payment for a 37K RS 2 ... And I ran out of the Stealership and I will NEVER DEAL WITH LHM FORD AGAIN. So be honest RS peeps are you paying that much for a Focus? Because that is like BMW cash there (said that to the salesman and he stated that it is BMW scratch and walked away !!)
Took my 12 year old to the dealership with me when I bought my car. What I taught her is cars are bought via price negotiated and also what they give you for your trade. They came within $500 of my minimum acceptable amount for my trade but I stood firm and asked for my keys so I could leave. Suddenly, the deal got done on my terms. Sales guy asked me what I wanted my payments to be. I said ideally, whatever the price of the car is minus my trade divided by the number of payments.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Probabaly the most incomplete post I've ever read. A $37K loan at 2% interest for 36 months at $900 a month is an awesome loan. How about telling us all the terms of the loan before you go throwing a dealership under the bus for no reason. Complaining about the monthly payment without the rest of the details is completely useless. Someone's monthly payment amount is 100% irrelevant.

I guess if I'm paying $900 a month with no interest and will be done in three years, and you pay $400 a month at 6% interest for the next 8 years, I assume you think you got the better loan????
Do you even math, bro?

36 months... $37,000. At ZERO interest, no costs, taxes, nothing added, that's 1028 a month.

Reactions: bman13235

·
Registered
93 Posts
That sounds like a 48 month term with low interest rate after taxes title registration

2015 Focus st2 MM
Stage 3+ suspension and aesthetics.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Took my 12 year old to the dealership with me when I bought my car. What I taught her is cars are bought via price negotiated and also what they give you for your trade. They came within $500 of my minimum acceptable amount for my trade but I stood firm and asked for my keys so I could leave. Suddenly, the deal got done on my terms. Sales guy asked me what I wanted my payments to be. I said ideally, whatever the price of the car is minus my trade divided by the number of payments.
Before buying my car I did basic research, this is the most common buying advice: focus on prices not payments. I do not even think financing should be in the initial negotiations, its none of their business whether you got cash on hand or not. A clever response might even be to act offended if that gets questioned during initial discussions.

Reactions: Carrier and chronos

·
Registered
463 Posts
Seriously? I was making a point. Pretty darn good I was only ~$100 off just winging it.
Yes, seriously. 36 months, 37k dollars... that more thousands than months, not less.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Yes, seriously. 36 months, 37k dollars... that more thousands than months, not less.
Get off your high horse. So bud mis typed, not everyone has all day to over analyze their forum postings closely.

His point was clear. Payment # alone does not mean balogna deal like OP was implying. He threw a general example out to help with understanding his point. It is strange you are so worried about it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Get off your high horse. So bud mis typed, not everyone has all day to over analyze their forum postings closely.

His point was clear. Payment # alone does not mean balogna deal like OP was implying. He threw a general example out to help with understanding his point. It is strange you are so worried about it.

Over analyzing and basic math are not the same thing.

Reactions: Straightline

·
Registered
56 Posts
Over analyzing and basic math are not the same thing.
Are you defending the OP or just trying to complain or what?

The point of all of this is we need more information to offer the OP support. These forums aren't for complaining and expecting perfect "Oh you poor baby" everytime someone cries wolf.

OP, that is a high payment per month. But we have no idea what the rest of your loan looked like so we can't really agree it was too high. $900 over a 60 or 72 month deal is pretty crappy, if that's the case.

"You can't really compare any thing California does to the actual United States"- StevenST

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
well just like every other car that cost 37k, your monthly payments will be the same, same if you got a mustang premium GT. it shouldn't be surprising that a basic BMW can be bough for about the same price. but if you want the highest performance version of their small car, then your going to need to fork out at least another $15k for a M2 and even more if you want any options.

also a lot of people that buy very expensive cars, dont finance the entire thing, they usually either have a trade or a good chunk of cash to throw on a down payment, throw $10k toward it and the payment starts to fall.

so are you actually saying that the RS is not worth over $36k? because honestly that kind of power isnt too bad for that price, the baby AMG that is barely faster than it cost almost twice as much. heck, one of those with 0%interest for 4 year would be over $1600/mo.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If you are spending $900 a month on any car, I expect you own your home and have no real debt. Otherwise....

Reactions: Duchess and Carrier

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Pro Tip: NEVER walk into a dealership without having alternate financing available. It's your best bargaining tool.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts