Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve wanted a performance intake tube for my 2014 FoST but did not want a metallic (e.g., aluminum) version. I was also not too motivated by the typical $150+ cost and non-OEM fit (e.g., PCV hose) of some versions.

I found the Rousch ST/RS cold air intake kit (422065) and contacted their customer service to order the intake tube only. Cost was $64 w/tax and free shipping. I received it in two days.
I sourced a 3.0-inch x 2.5-inch x 6-inch long silicone hose adapter to connect the intake tube to the turbo inlet. Cost was $26 from Amazon but likely less if shopped a bit. Al required are 3-inch and 2.5-inch hose clamps that can be sourced from any hardware or auto parts store for <$5

The tube is OEM-like nonmetallic material. Fit is also OEM including the PCV hose connection nipple and hold-down. Install was <1 hour (CJ Pony Parts has online install video)..

PARTS
Rousch air intake tube – $64 w/tax and free shipping.
3 x 2.5 x 6-inch long adapter hose: $26 (or less)
3-inch and 2.5-inch hose clamps: <$5.
Hope it helps!
j

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been looking for just the tube for awhile now, thanks for the info

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t fully understand intake systems, but how much of an impact does this have on the intake sound? Does it actually pull more air even though there still the 2.5” “bottleneck”?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts