Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, question for those with 9" wheels and coil overs. I am currently running stock 8" wheels with 20mm spacers and am fully lowered in the rear and about 8mm left to lower in the front. I do not rub. I love the current stance and am very excited for the extra 5mm of poke the 9" wheels will give vs the 8" with 20mm spacers.

I will not run the 20mm spacers with the new 9" wheel. My question is for guys with a similar set up. Do you rub if you are very low in the front? My rear looks like it will be fine but Ian cautious for the front. Please share you experience. I would like to adjust before the winter arrives if I have to.

Pics of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping

·
Registered
182 Posts
i love the stance of your car when i can pony up the cash i want it to have this look with premium wheel tread wearz everything what did u do? i have a black st1 with premium wheels? gotta move my front plate as well

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi guys, question for those with 9" wheels and coil overs. I am currently running stock 8" wheels with 20mm spacers and am fully lowered in the rear and about 8mm left to lower in the front. I do not rub. I love the current stance and am very excited for the extra 5mm of poke the 9" wheels will give vs the 8" with 20mm spacers.

I will not run the 20mm spacers with the new 9" wheel. My question is for guys with a similar set up. Do you rub if you are very low in the front? My rear looks like it will be fine but Ian cautious for the front. Please share you experience. I would like to adjust before the winter arrives if I have to.

Pics of my car.

I used to run the stock "premium" wheels with 20mm H&R spacers, lowered on H&R coilovers. I did get some rub when going over big bumps. I'm not sure where it was rubbing, I never took the time to sort it out. I never saw any marks on the sidewalls of the tire. I since went to a 19×8.5 with an offset of 42 and getting no rub at all.

Some if it is probably going to depend on the offset of the 9" wheel you choose. I'm a big fan of poke as well, I think it looks awesome on our cars.

I'll attach a picture of my current set up just for frame of reference.

I love the raised white letter side walls on yours, looks awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 18x9.5 35 and I rubbed with stock 235 tires. I have rolled and pulled my fenders and next summer plan to run 255 or maybe 265 and plan to pull and roll even more to make them work.

if you want them to poke you will need to pull and roll ;)

Thanks for the info. I will be running 18x9 +35 with 245 wide tires that I am currently running. How did you roll your fenders?

Thanks for the replies and complements guys.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts