Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents,

So moving from the premium wheel, to 19X8.5, et42 Konig's and wondering if anyone has a similar set up. With the current set up my offset is effectively 35mm with the 20mm spacers and i'm HOPING I won't have to lose the spacers because I had the studs cut down to make the premium wheels fit. If the wheels move the tires too close to the fender then I'll have to get shorter spacers or lose them all together, and possible replace the studs since they were cut. Also, I'm on H&R coilovers and rear is dropped all the way down, front is set to match. Anyone have a similar setup?? I really like the poke look (within reason), so I want to get as close to the fender as I effectively can without rub.

Based on the "will they fit" website, this is the difference WITH the spacers on:

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 6.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 19.4mm more than before.

Here would be the difference if I removed the 20mm spacers:

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 13.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 0.7mm less than before.

To be completely honest I do get a TINY bit of rub when the suspension compresses completely from a significant bump in the road. i never really bothered to fix it because its so minor.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude looks sick ! What is that called ?? I seen a lot of guys stanced with lips protruding past their fender but it never rubs on the fender it just a lip that goes past it? I would like a set up like that cause I see lots of cars at tuner evolution shows etc but idk what it's called so I can do research on it ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dude looks sick ! What is that called ?? I seen a lot of guys stanced with lips protruding past their fender but it never rubs on the fender it just a lip that goes past it? I would like a set up like that cause I see lots of cars at tuner evolution shows etc but idk what it's called so I can do research on it ?
I believe that is just pulling your fenders.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think it sticks out too far to look good.

drop the spacer or get smaller spacer

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Registered
46 Posts
No I'm talking bout like the actual lip of the wheel goes past the fender you think it's gonna rub it but idk how a lot of stanced cars do it without rubbing ??

·
Registered
463 Posts
All depends on what tires you run. Throw some seriously stretched tires and it may not rub, but it'll look like ass to anyone not into stance. Stock tires 100% will rub.

Take off the spacers and it'll sit almost perfectly flush.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did take off the spacers in the newer thread I posted with pics of the new set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slo86GT

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think you're in serious need of a flare kit if you want to run those wheels. I think the best are Fifteen52 like the ones I'm going to get fitted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts