Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have had my 2013 ST for 7 years now. 85,000 on the clock. This is the longest I have ever owned a vehicle. I usually trade them in after 2-3 years or so. I am proud to say it has been a very reliable daily driver. Of course brakes and tires have been replaced. A couple of glitches early on, but other than that it has been faithful to me.
I replaced the fog lights due to it would not pass inspection without them, but I can't think of anything else out of the ordinary.

Like I said it's got 85,000 on the clock and with the exception of a BOV, she is completely stock. Never molested it at all. My drive to work is 12 minutes with no highway and almost never any traffic. Average about 45 MPH or so. Occasionally it gets to stretch its legs on the highway when I go to the range but other than that it may see months before going over 50.

·
Registered
166 Posts
may see months before going over 50.
:cry:

Haha it's good you have kept & enjoyed it this long. I'll hit seven years in August, but mine gets molested and beaten. Blast the rev limiter any time she's up to temp.

So far the only major issue was the evap solenoid and canister. Also had a weird shutdown on the highway going limp, but started back up to continue the 6hr trip. Compression still good 168 163 160 160!

Definitely a reliable little monster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if it would be more desirable that it's not molested, or does it come down a bit since it really isn't driven on the highway all that much?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wonder if it would be more desirable that it's not molested, or does it come down a bit since it really isn't driven on the highway all that much?
Its more desirable that its stock vs a modified one, I would think saying you don't molest it while driving holds no bearing, most people don't believe the sellers when that's said to be honest. Doesn't sound like you want to sell anyways so if driving it easy works for you then I say keep it up!

I'm just over 4 years with mine, also 85,000 miles. My commute is 10 miles country roads and 18 miles highway 1-way. Still original brakes with plenty of life left, 3rd set of tires, spark plugs, otherwise just filters and fluids done as far as maintenance goes. It's been pretty reliable with only minor issues, early on had a warning for "engine fault see dealer" only to discover a loose clutch pedal sensor. Check engine light ended up being the recall for evap system and I had the piece replaced under warranty. Fit and finish isn't the greatest if I'm honest but to be fair its an economy car thats beefed up. This is the longest I've ever had a car and never plan on selling it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Coming up on 7 years and 130,000 miles. About 26 miles one way to work, with 21-22 of that freeway. RMM, wiring harness TSBs, evap solenoid and door lock recalls, brakes and tires. Easy to drive easy and fun to drive fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The car I had before my 2018 st was a 2009 Nissan versa. I appreciated my versa for all she was... But I fully have fallen to adore my st. He makes me smile every time I pull out of the garage. My commute to and from work are mostly back roads, so I am able top push him a bit. I am looking forward to running a few auto cross courses this year(hopefully)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its more desirable that its stock vs a modified one, I would think saying you don't molest it while driving holds no bearing, most people don't believe the sellers when that's said to be honest. Doesn't sound like you want to sell anyways so if driving it easy works for you then I say keep it up!

I'm just over 4 years with mine, also 85,000 miles. My commute is 10 miles country roads and 18 miles highway 1-way. Still original brakes with plenty of life left, 3rd set of tires, spark plugs, otherwise just filters and fluids done as far as maintenance goes. It's been pretty reliable with only minor issues, early on had a warning for "engine fault see dealer" only to discover a loose clutch pedal sensor. Check engine light ended up being the recall for evap system and I had the piece replaced under warranty. Fit and finish isn't the greatest if I'm honest but to be fair its an economy car thats beefed up. This is the longest I've ever had a car and never plan on selling it.
Nope, no intentions to sell it. Longer term, no idea what I would do. Maybe just garage it and buy another DD, or trade my truck in for an upgrade. The truck is needed, so that will most likely be the route I go.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
7 years in August, motor mount and wiring recalls, Wiper fluid sensor....that's it other than routine stuff. Couldn't be more pleased.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Your experiences more or less mirror my own - 2013 ST1 from new and now at 111,000. I did do some "advance maintenance" for peace of mind/fit and forget for life (e.g. new clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and clutch pedal at 90k, but turns out the original clutch plate was only half worn). Somewhere I did a detailed write up about all my routine and non-routine maintenance. I may dig it up and repost.

·
Super Moderator
8,424 Posts
I'm also in the same boat-ish.

7 years in October, Just over 100,000 miles. Heavily modded and abused the bulk of it's life.

Always a stickler for maint. Plugs, fluids, etc.

Looks like I'll be swapping motors before the OEM blows, quite the testament to the 2.0. She really holds.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought mine used 9/15/15 with 31k miles. It was completely stock. Now it’s at 207k miles and full bolt on. Only issue it ever had was the wiring harness tsb and the evap canister solenoid issue. The solenoid actually went bad before the recall I replaced the part myself. When recall was issued I called ford. They told me that since I had used the ford part all I needed to do was provide the invoice and they’d take care of it.. and they did. Reimbursed me for the part. I run autocross and do several fwd shootouts at local drag strip. It’s never been babied. I change oil with motorcraft 5w30 and a fl400s every 5k and new ngk 6510 plugs every 10k. Stock clutch is starting to slip a little. New one literally delivered today. All in all it’s been an excellent car.

Reactions: rob99rt and TurboGT

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
If ford was smart they would wrangling you guys up and making an old 90s style marketing campaign. You know, talk about how its built to last & that Ford just makes the tough automobile you need to get your task done.

Super glad to hear the good things, I want to be just like you in a couple years.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
How do you have 85k miles on a ‘13 if you’re drive to work is only 12mins? I have had my ‘13 since early 2014 & only have 45k miles & I drive it about 24 miles per/day, so roughly 120 miles a week. Even an occasional 5hr road trip here & there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts