Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two quotes for around $600--labor only--to swap the suspension coil springs and realign my ST. Does this seem reasonable?

For that much labor, I should probably have them do the struts at the same time, as the car was lowered on OEM struts for 40k miles. How are the KYB Gas-A-Just KYB 554402? Short of going Bilstiens, they seem to be a quality option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not DIY? How much of that is the alignment?

Sent from another garage.
Primarily because I don't have a lift :/ I always did my own maintenance on my motorcycles, and did what car maintanance I could without a lift, but, correct me if I'm wrong, spring replacement and alignment seems like a shop is needed.

·
Premium Member
13,920 Posts
Primarily because I don't have a lift :/ I always did my own maintenance on my motorcycles, and did what car maintanance I could without a lift, but, correct me if I'm wrong, spring replacement and alignment seems like a shop is needed.
Jack and Jack stands. That's how I did mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jack and Jack stands. That's how I did mine.

Hmm... looks tempting. About how many man-hours are required for someone at shade-tree mechanic skill level? My tool set is limited to sockets and wrenches and drivers. (I also don't have another car, so if I need to run to the store for a tool or part, I'll end up walking the 6 miles! :D)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I changed springs on a different vehicle this summer, rental tool from advanced auto or one of those places to compress the springs when you remove them was easy to pick up and made the experience much smoother. If you do decide to do it yourself I'd call your local one and check that out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts