Registered
304 Posts
damn. build info?

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
9,535 Posts
Just got done with my build. Came up with 449hp and 411tq on stock internals
Very nice; lets hope the ring lands can take the pressure. 400 - 450 seems to be about max for longevity.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Powerband looks great, very streetable.

What's up with that uptick at the end of the pull?
I feel like that tail on the end is dyno related from shutting down the run, but could be wrong. It isn't really possible to have a near vertical power line I'm pretty sure lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gtx2971 , stratified 4 port aux fuel , stratified guardian angle, dw300 in tank pump, full e85 stratified tune, depo 5.5 intercooler, tial bov , tial ewg, custom turbo-back 3" exhaust , comes out before rear tire

·
Registered
344 Posts
someone has to test these things. Also stratified tuned it so it may actually last a fair while. No doubt OP is pushing the limits but I think he could have a while at this level if he maintains the car. Don't forget it's full E85 so knock is not going to be such an issue.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I feel like that tail on the end is dyno related from shutting down the run, but could be wrong. It isn't really possible to have a near vertical power line I'm pretty sure lol

Yea it could be something to do with the software or hitting the dyno brake too early or something weird but it is definitely possible to have a smooth drop off at the end.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like a fun build, but I'd be a lot more worried about cast pistons and no forged rods than I would be octane ratings of the fuel and whether or not its gonna have any knock. Reminds me of an old joke: Knock. Knock. Who's there? Rod. Rod who? Rod #3, ya know the one hanging outside your block. lol. I plan on going bigger turbo next year, don't see myself trying to push much past 375-400 whp with my upcoming build. I'm definitely gonna be worried about longevity on the stock internals that's why I won't be pushing any limits with mine.
Oh don't get me wrong I think it is pushing it a bit too far, but I think it would be a safer power using ethanol than trying to max out 93 octane and a cheap WMI kit.

Ringlands usually fail due to heat and detonation and ethanol both cools and doesn't knock (if safely tuned). Of course the rest of the engine is getting stressed past design limits, but it will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
So stock is 252hp
(449-252)/252 =0.78174

This means you have found a 78.17% increase in OEM power. Thats insane! That is so exciting. Ford should be proud of this platform, like others have said lets hope it lasts.

With that much power in the shape of a focus we are defining the sleeper term.

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
421 Posts
So stock is 252hp
(449-252)/252 =0.78174

This means you have found a 78.17% increase in OEM power. Thats insane! That is so exciting. Ford should be proud of this platform, like others have said lets hope it lasts.

With that much power in the shape of a focus we are defining the sleeper term.
The 252 hp number is at the crank. He put down 449hp at the wheels. That makes it even more impressive than your 78% calculation(somewhere around a 109% increase depending on the number used to estimate drive train loss).

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I made 220 hp at the wheels on 91 stock tune, so 440 hp is 100% increase; Factory turbo cars can easily double output and not have long term reliability issues.

I'd like to hit 504 hp which is double the crank output.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts