Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i driving the ST too much or just about right? I know some will say that it isn't a garage queen and should be driven daily, but i am planning on keeping this car for a while ? Also going in for my first oil change tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
How much you drive it totally depends on how much you use it. But depending on what you mean by you want to keep it "a long time", that's on track to put you at 25k a year, or 100k after 4 years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would kill a car quickly, high miles but not beat on the car or low miles but aggressive driving most of the time?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've had mine for right at a month, +/- a few days. I've already got 3,3XX miles on it. Its all about maintenance. Take care of the car in the maintenance department and you'll be good to go. Provided you're not out there giving it the beans all day every day, bouncing of the rev limiter and doing 6K launches every time you're behind the wheel. Enjoy it man!!!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Well its not about killing the car, it's more about not keeping up with the maintenance... Some parts wear out due to miles, some time. Driving hard with wear them out quicker.

Keep up on the maintenance, replace what breaks and it should treat you well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
14 months of ownership for me. I’m still not even at 5k miles.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Close to a year 40k coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Use good oil.
Drive it easy.
Drive it hard.
Let it warm up.
Let it cool down.

You MAY get to 10k, you may get to 200k.

Just drive it, there is no such thing as too much till you are out of warranty and have a major problem.

(or you could be @AK2112 and life will be miserable till you get ford to give you another car)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I would still be on the original engine if not for a mishap.

Forty-Four thousand miles plus and counting (Ride share)

I drag race with it, on slicks, stock clutch. With the big increase in power that (clutch) will need upgrading. Slowing it down from 120+ mph trap speeds will increase brake pad wear but other than that, change the oil regularly, keep temperatures down (reduce amount of coolant in cooling system) and it will not leave you stranded.

Oh extended warranty cost me $1,100 from Ford and it's everything but wear items are covered.

·
Registered
353 Posts
22 months, 48K

99% of my driving is highway, interstate. I stay on top of it, oil, filters, tires etc. Never been back to the dealer. It's not the drivetrain that's taking abuse, it's all the rocks, bugs, sand and junk on the roads. Already have some battle scars on the nose from crap on the highway.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I realized the other day that I have driven this car much more in the 11 months I have owned it than any other car I've ever had. There are three reasons for that, I put on 4,000 miles attending the Octane Academy, it gets decent gas mileage, so I don't feel guilty about driving it just to drive it, and it's just so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Since this mileage. I have had mine for 3 months. Just hit 11,000. Drive it about 100 miles a day to and from work. Just be nice to it and service it as needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts