Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. Instead of going on a lengthy tirade about Jukes and how we are doing this. This is being done in three phases. Phase one was a PTE turbo bolted to the factory manifold with a bigger front mount. Made 260 whp at only 18 psi. 100 more whp than factory with only 4 more PSI than factory. Phase Two we made a custom log style manifold, water to air intercooler, external wastegate, and a few other smaller things. Made 300 WHP at only 20psi. Now we are putting in the FIRST ever built MR16DDT in the world, switched to a GTX28 turbo, and are running a tubular manifold.

Here are links to my features on Jalopnik and Road and Track:
deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2
This Guy Is Building a 500-Horsepower Nissan Juke With a CVT

And here is the first video in the build series starting at Phase 2 of the project. I am WELL past this point now, so if you want the most recent info skip to the last few videos in the series:

Here is a shakedown of the car at 300WHP on phase 2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They made a Nismo edition Juke. Use the engine from a GTR if I remember correctly.

Sent from another garage.
Your thinking of the Juke R. It was a GTR with a juke body dropped on it. The Nismo Juke uses the same 1.6turbo engine as the normal juke. Price for Juke R: $500,000. Price for Nismo Juke: $30,000. Most Juke enthusiasts dont consider the Juke R to really be a juke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
To each their own I suppose, not a fan of the vehicle myself and that thing sounded pretty weird into boost. I'd be afraid to push that little thing.

·
Premium Member
13,884 Posts
Your thinking of the Juke R. It was a GTR with a juke body dropped on it. The Nismo Juke uses the same 1.6turbo engine as the normal juke. Price for Juke R: $500,000. Price for Nismo Juke: $30,000. Most Juke enthusiasts dont consider the Juke R to really be a juke.

Gotcha.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To each their own I suppose, not a fan of the vehicle myself and that thing sounded pretty weird into boost. I'd be afraid to push that little thing.
CVT and camera placement haha. Car was a blast to drive like that. But. Its the same size and weight as the focus. Same engine size as the fiesta st. They are a great platform. Just ugly as sin. I had one for a few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts