Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 3rd gear synchro went this morning out of no where and no longer under warranty. I have a 2013 fost. I am purchasing a used tranny. My question is there any way to beef up new tranny before it goes in? Or a shop that modifies them i am located in rockland county ny. I dont want to spend a crazy amount but if price is right should be worth it. Also would like input on clutches and flywheels for my setup. Currently stage 3 mostly commute with it but do like the occasional heavy foot on the highway or would like to go on the track just for fun. Open to suggestions

·
Registered
53 Posts
M Factory has Synchros, might as well do an LSD as well.

Reactions: Unfitproduct

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would want some proof the local shop CAN actually do a proper manual transmission repair.
Do they work on manuals as a specialty? DO they have a certified mechanic to Do them? It is NOT just replacing parts!!!
The tolerances, and signs of wear to know what to replace are really small!
(I had my MTX-75 rebuilt by the #1 guy near Detroit, before he stopped doing transmissions. And got back the replaced parts.
Hw was the best...)
Anyway .. if you are cracking the transmission case definitely get a Limited Slip Differential!
It will do more for your feeling of Hot Damn!!! than anything else... the moment it locks up and accelerates your ass on down the line,

·
Registered
808 Posts
Speed performance in Elizabeth nj they are the only people I know that beef up the transmissions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone else direct me to where else I can get synchros because speed performance does not seem to want to sell synchros

1 - 7 of 7 Posts