·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Why? Because they attract attention? Like, "Hey! Look at me! I'm stopping!"
For starters, You can't tell if the person ahead is breaking, or if his STUPID light is Broken.. among many other reasons, too many to mention.

·
Registered
455 Posts
For starters, You can't tell if the person ahead is breaking, or if his STUPID light is Broken.. among many other reasons, too many to mention.
Lol its designed as an attenion getter! If the brake lights are illuminated whether flashing or otherwise and you start closing in on the vehicle yet you cant figure out theyre braking maybe you shouldnt be driving..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Lol its designed as an attenion getter! If the brake lights are illuminated whether flashing or otherwise and you start closing in on the vehicle yet you cant figure out theyre braking maybe you shouldnt be driving..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It induces seizures

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It induces seizures
Yeah and keep peanuts away from any public place too! Look, everything has a downside, but the added safety vs the 1 person in the world who might get a seizure from this is worth it. People with special disabilities/issues need to make special arrangements, we don't need to keep changing our lives for every single person, THEY need to change their lives, not the whole country for them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
They are really annoying but w/e
There is a forum supporter, I would reach out to him

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
A 3rd brake light that illuminates when braking is more than enough. If you don't notice that then you're not paying enough attention to drive. I think the flashing brake lights are dumb. I saw an FRS with one a few lanes over and it made me look over for a second. If anything it was more distracting me away from looking straight ahead then helping me know he was braking. Lame

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
A 3rd brake light that illuminates when braking is more than enough. If you don't notice that then you're not paying enough attention to drive. I think the flashing brake lights are dumb. I saw an FRS with one a few lanes over and it made me look over for a second. If anything it was more distracting me away from looking straight ahead then helping me know he was braking. Lame
How many people do you see driving and not paying attention on a regular basis? I see a couple of them a day. Just because it's dumb, doesn't mean there aren't millions out there doing it. Look at heroin and crack, EVERYONE knows that is your death, but people do that still.

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
How many people do you see driving and not paying attention on a regular basis? I see a couple of them a day. Just because it's dumb, doesn't mean there aren't millions out there doing it. Look at heroin and crack, EVERYONE knows that is your death, but people do that still.
I totally agree, but I think it's just as effective at getting drivers to look over at your car from other lanes that should be watching the car in front of them, I know because it did it to me. So it may very well cause accidents as much as prevent them. If someone is looking down at their phone, I don't think the fact that your brake light is flashing is going to make them suddenly look up.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Yeah and keep peanuts away from any public place too! Look, everything has a downside, but the added safety vs the 1 person in the world who might get a seizure from this is worth it. People with special disabilities/issues need to make special arrangements, we don't need to keep changing our lives for every single person, THEY need to change their lives, not the whole country for them.
WHy don't you do a bit of research into the matter. It's a real thing, BELIEVE ME!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
WHy don't you do a bit of research into the matter. It's a real thing, BELIEVE ME!!
They made the same arguments 20 years ago when they started putting white strobe lights on top of school buses. I have yet to see someone go epileptic behind a school bus, or loose it playing Nintendo. That's not to say that it doesn't happen, but it's not often enough to be of any real concern.

Maybe we should all start investing in personal lightning rods, because getting struck by lightning is real, it happens to people you know?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I totally agree, but I think it's just as effective at getting drivers to look over at your car from other lanes that should be watching the car in front of them, I know because it did it to me. So it may very well cause accidents as much as prevent them. If someone is looking down at their phone, I don't think the fact that your brake light is flashing is going to make them suddenly look up.

Cheers
Yeah I don't think it's gonna solve as many problems as tesla's autopilot, but I guess I don't see it as an overall negative. I am used to one lane back roads where there usually isn't any competition for my attention from the sides so I can see how that could be an issue in cities that I hadn't considered.

Reactions: Blackula
1 - 17 of 17 Posts