Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am not a ST owner...yet. I am looking around to find one in Norway, where I live. I have found a nice 2013, with 310 HP and 440 NM, with no modifications.The tuner claims he is an "expert" in tuning, but ofc. he has no dyno numbers to confirm it.

So, are these numbers possible with no mods ? I have a Focus 1.6 ecoboost and u can pull 210-215 hp with just a simple brething-mod, but how tunable is the 2.0 ecoboost ?

Regards, Jan

·
Registered
279 Posts
since you live in Norway I guess your atmospheric conditions are good and your climate quiet friendly where you don't experience heat soak and you will definitely experience better HP number using the best high octane fuel than most other regions. But 310hp with only tune and no other mods is squeezing it to limit and I don't thing these numbers are possible without better FMIC, DP & CB exhaust. I may be wrong :)

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm gonna say not possible, but then again I met someone swearing up and down someone they know has 400hp out of their k03....

·
Registered
524 Posts
There is no way those numbers are at the wheels. At the crank, possibly. The tune would have to be very aggressive which means engine safety is questionable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Keeping it simple - no. Want to break 300 WHP consistently you need a bigger turbo. Dumbest thing I ever did is not upgrade the turbo before other mods after the intercooler upgrade.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not an expert, but isn't an intercooler only needed to prevent heat soak? So on a first run, would such numbers be possible? At crank?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not an expert, but isn't an intercooler only needed to prevent heat soak? So on a first run, would such numbers be possible? At crank?
Getting close to 300hp on the stock turbo is definitely pushing it to the limits. Even with "normal" tuned power the charge temps raised quite a bit over ambient. I would imagine there is plenty of extra heat being pushed through so it would be possible for the engine to pull power if the charge temps got too high.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The best tuned ST on a modded gas setup but still on the factory turbo hit just under 300. No way a stock setup with just a tune will even get close to this.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
The story of 300 HP with nothing but a tune makes the car one I would avoid. The worst case is that it is a hot tune written only for a peak, on a dyno using fake ambient numbers, with a big parasitic adjustment in the software. The next more likely case is just that the owner is a liar. The third is that the car is actually quite modified. In all cases the deception would make me run from that one.

The same kind of guy that would make claims like this would be the one to forget to mention that he has put plugs in it 5 times in a month trying to fix a reoccurring miss fire no one can fix,

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Hi

I am not a ST owner...yet. I am looking around to find one in Norway, where I live. I have found a nice 2013, with 310 HP and 440 NM, with no modifications.The tuner claims he is an "expert" in tuning, but ofc. he has no dyno numbers to confirm it.

So, are these numbers possible with no mods ? I have a Focus 1.6 ecoboost and u can pull 210-215 hp with just a simple brething-mod, but how tunable is the 2.0 ecoboost ?

Regards, Jan
Ive been in many car forums in my years. In every one there always seems to pop up that one shop/ tuner, and always from Europe for whatever reason, that has some magical tuning and fab skills. Whether its a 1200 awhp, 8 sec. evo with Titanium internals, or a 300 hp stock ST. I will say that, at the very least, These guys keep the forums entertaining with their BS. Tell him to show proof or stfu.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Honestly if you can afford it, I'd buy a new one if you like the newer Focus look better than the 13-14. They're relatively affordable and it'd give you piece of mind knowing that you have a car that has only been owned by you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There's a HPE300 package (Hennessey) 2014 Focus ST with a claimed 310hp for sale near me. I automatically thought it was to the crank though lol...anything over 300 on a for sale ad with these cars my BS-meter spikes.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There's a HPE300 package (Hennessey) 2014 Focus ST with a claimed 310hp for sale near me. I automatically thought it was to the crank though lol...anything over 300 on a for sale ad with these cars my BS-meter spikes.
ANYTHING with the Henny tag on it is overpriced by 3x and ugly as f***.

Reactions: willfromfreeport
1 - 20 of 26 Posts